2015 Cruise Moab Kokopelli Expedition Team Member Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Firewood. Please bring at least 1 bundle

Some more info:

It has rained nonstop for 2 days in Fruita. That's not good for us. It's more rain than that area has seen in a long time. Depending on what happens tomorrow, I may send @bluecruiser ahead to check conditions. We simply cannot make it thru the canyon with slick mud on the trail. A drop off the trail and down into the canyon would be unavoidable in those conditions.

Rain, wind, snow was conditions driving down through Wyoming. Sky's clearing with stars shining as I drove over Rabbit Ears pass into Steamboat.
Accweather shows sunshine starting Monday and into the week temps rising.
Just being optimistic!

Some more info:

It has rained nonstop for 2 days in Fruita. That's not good for us. It's more rain than that area has seen in a long time. Depending on what happens tomorrow, I may send @bluecruiser ahead to check conditions. We simply cannot make it thru the canyon with slick mud on the trail. A drop off the trail and down into the canyon would be unavoidable in those conditions.

What's the plan if the trail isn't passable?

@spencer arndt If the trail isn't passable, we will take the highway around the canyon and re-join the Kokopelli about 15 miles in. We still could have slick conditions, but a slide off the trail will not result in a 100 foot drop. Temps are going to rise and it's supposed to be full sunshine. I am expecting no issues other than possibly skipping that short section. A full day of sun tomorrow may be enough to dry the trail. By Wednesday morning everything should be perfect.

When I went through last week, it had rained the previous day and was cloudy and cold the day of, and the trail was passible in that section. It poured just after I made it through and there was no way I could have turned back. I'm betting on us having no issues, but again, that area has had more rain in the last few days than anytime in recent history. A friend in Grand Junction said he cannot remember ever having so much continuous rain.

We're looking at mid to high 80's and nothing but sunshine on Wednesday and Thursday. It's going to be incredible.

Don't forget to fill up in Fruita or Loma. See you all in the morning.

Hey just wanted to say thanks to everyone for an awesome trip..

I am preparing to leave Moab. Thank you all for a fantastic time and I appreciate your hard work along the trail.

I will send out a group email tonight where we can exchange info and photos. I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the trail again.

Thanks for everything, it was a great trip. All I have been doing since getting home is looking at upgrades for the fj for next year.

Some shots of the 40s before the Cisco crossing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430774781.971658.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430774793.738364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430774802.987525.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430774814.337448.jpg

I have some really nice shots of our trip.

Many will be used for OutdoorX4 and Toyota Trails. I will make sure everyone gets photos of their vehicle as I start going through all of them. Shelly has committed to writing the article which I am very much looking forward to seeing. I may use some of the photos in there.

So far, the two best photos I have are of Dale's fj45 and Tim's fj40.

Did we have some beautiful weather, or what?

I can't tell you how fast the nickname "The Brokeopelli" has made it's rounds. I've received emails for people who didn't even attend CM that knew what we went through. This was a team effort and that's what makes TLCA and events like Cruise Moab so special. I hope to travel with all of you again.

Great shots, was a good group of folks on the trail!

Thanks again to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom