2013 San Rafael Swell! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Meter Maid,

I probably won't be making it. Trying to survive on apple soy turkey brats!

Matt,

Thanks again for the steak stir fry bowl in GJ the other day.

Jon,

Cans?

If something comes up in terms of income... I might show up. Just to camp, no wheeling.

Dubber. Sent PayPal for the cans. Matt or Ryan, can one of you pick up the two cans on your way? If you have room of course.

I'm in GJ already. What cans?

Cool, Ryan is bringing them.

Jon just wanted to remind you to bring that extra trasharoo if you have room.

Cool Thanks for reminding me. I'll strap it to my........Trasharoo!

Cool, Ryan is bringing them.

Thanks Ryan!

I'm sure everyone is scrambling in these last few hours, Ace is already in Moab, Matt is in town hearding cats and I'm at work! Need to get Propane, Get tires swapped, Replace a CV, and load the truck and the trailer! Hoping for a early/mid-afternoon departure tomorrow.

Yeah I gotta grab an extra gas can, mount my cb antenna and do a little grocery shopping. Havent decided if Im bringing a tent yet though. Might just throw my stuff in the back of the truck and tarp it.

Okay, for those that are on the long swell trip, please post pics if you can for those of us stuck behind. Daily trail report??

I'm sure everyone is scrambling in these last few hours, Ace is already in Moab, Matt is in town hearding cats and I'm at work! Need to get Propane, Get tires swapped, Replace a CV, and load the truck and the trailer! Hoping for a early/mid-afternoon departure tomorrow.

Damn that sounds like a lot of work. I just filled the FJ with beer. I plan on building myself a shelter (fort) with the empty cases so I hope you are all thirsty.

All-
Coming to you from Blanding Utah after an excellent first weekend. We have a slight revision but will only affect travel tomorrow (tuesday). Monday and Tuesday camp spots will remain the same but the route will not go over Elk Ridge. I underestimated the snowfall and the road is closed so we will be traversing the eastern flank of the Abajo Mountains. Should still be an excellent drive. Tuesday Night Camp will still be in Beef Basin. Coordinates for camp spots for the coming days are below. We hope to be in Moab late afternoon on Wednesday and will be stopping for Gas, Food and Showers so it will be a good place to meet up.

Locations are approximate and subject to change. I will make every attempt to update if there are changes.

Monday Camp: 37.507645°, -109.655761°
Tuesday Camp: 38.028343°, -109.587810°
Wednesday Camp: 38.664026°, -109.838575°
Thursday Camp: 38.660570°, -110.669553°
Friday/Sat Camp: 38.852874°, -110.800962°

Call or Text with Questions: 970-260-9432

All ready to roll out from Vegas Wednesday morning. We'll either be meeting you at the coordinates for the Wednesday night camp site or in Green River Thursday morning.

-Austin

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Rolling out this morning, see you all in camp tonight.

Can't Make It.

My schedule changed and I can't get out of town till Sunday. Bummed to miss the rally but excited for more opps to hang out with the crew! Have fun and looking forward to the TR!

Well damn, I had to bail on this trip. Two problems: alternator quit charging and busted rear diff so had to quit the group and head for GJ. Spending the night in Moab to charge my battery then on to Safari tommorow. Really bummed to have to quit early but the next trip I will be ready. Really thankful to y'all for helping me limp out yesterday.

We struggled trying to buck deep snow yesterday and finally had to retreat. Couple of photos:

image-2842063246.jpg

image-1014800860.jpg

Got to Safari where they bolted in a new alternator only to find it defective. So now I'm sitting in a motel waiting waiting for UPS to deliver. Hugh seems to have a special link to get parts cause when we called around from Blanding none could be found. Sure wish I was camping instead. :-(

Got to Safari where they bolted in a new alternator only to find it defective. So now I'm sitting in a motel waiting waiting for UPS to deliver. Hugh seems to have a special link to get parts cause when we called around from Blanding none could be found. Sure wish I was camping instead. :-(

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. Hope you get her fixed and get back on the road soon.

Got back into GJ pretty late but it was an uneventful ride in so that was good. Had to remove a few pounds of dust from the air filter in Green River. Hope you all that stayed Saturday night didn't freeze.

Susie and I got back to Cedaredge around 7:30 last night, hope it wasn't as cold Saturday nite as it was Friday as well. It was just to cold/windy to ask Susie to spend another nite out when she just wasn't feeling all that great, it was a 3 dog nite and we only had 1 dog with us. :bang:

We ended up going to the Lucky Strike Mine and down to Temple Mountain and got some nice pics of some rock art. We decided to scout out the area for other potential places to camp so we drove down a few side roads and found some really nice sites, so the weekend wasn't a total loss.

Also came across a guy walking down Temple Mountain Road his motorhome had broken down about a 1/2 mile away and wanted to know how far it was to I-70 or anything? I told him it was at least 10 miles or more away and his plan wasn't to good that he would be better off hanging out at the motorhome, he told me it was a good day for a walk (mind you it was already 1:30 in the afternoon and 29 degrees/windy) and he didn't even have a heavy jacket on and I couldn't see where he had any water with him either. I wasn't liking the situation this guy was putting himself in but he didn't want to listen either and we didn't have anywhere to carry him in the FJ so we headed on our way. I ended up going to Goblin Valley and reported it to the ranger there and they sent somebody out after him, apparently he had stopped in there earlier and had asked for info about the SRS, I was able to leave with a clear conscience at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom