2013 events (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was looking for something to do in April and that's the closest place to Memphis and I have not been. I do have a few other likely interferences though, but I'm gonna keep this in mind.

Looks like fun, I would be up for a trip over there sometime...Its about an hour and 1/2 West of Gurley (Where Steve and I went after Chocco last year)

Tent. Updated Schedule as of 1/9/2013

Georgia Cruisers 2013 Schedule
updated on 7/23/13

Here is what people where interested in wheeling. Trying to appeal to everyone.....

Jan 19, 2013 Wheeling at Ralphs (not confimed yet) and holiday party at Pillguy’s place (Confirmed)

Feb 23, 2013 Work day at Ralphs (Tent)

March TBD 2013 Work day with GA Bounty Runners at Beasley (Tent)

MAR.3rd SFWDA 1ST Quarter Meeting/ride Tracy City TN hosted by The Damn Locals

March 16th, 2013 Day ride Choccolocco Mountain is located in Jacksonville, Alabama

April 13th, 2013 MUD for BLOOD with GA Bounty Runners Kmart Parking Lot Canton GA (Supporting RC 4x4 course build (Dennis Leading))

April 20th, 2013 is Pig roast and Durhamtown wheeling (avoid the weekend of mud for blood)

May 13th-18th, 2013 is GSMTR

June 9th, 2013 Beasley in North GA (day ride)

July 20th, 2013 GPS run

Aug 11, 2013 Forest service road run around Amicalola Falls, Details to be announced

Sept 27-29th, 2013 TN Camping Trip (Tent Date Andy’s BDay) (over night) (Tent)

Oct 10th-13th Southern Cruiser Crawl at Superlift Park

Oct 26th, 2013 is GA Cruisers Annual (avoid Super lift weekend) (need to move to late Oct)

Nov Early 2013 is Open, maybe a trip to TN or to Snowbird?

Dec 7th, 2013 Toys for Tots/Ralphs wheeling

Jan 3rd-5th, 2014 TN Camping Trip New Years Run (Tent)

Jan 18th 2014 (2013 holiday party Wheeling at Ralph during day?)

One of the guys in the club made a good comment, keep the overnight trips to about 1/quarter if possible.
Windrock may be an option as well.

Last edited:
So far I am putting the pig roast down as a likely trip. I will probably bring the 4Runner for that one. Easier than messing with the trailer and the mini very possibly will not be finished anyway. I will def be at GSMTR again since I'm a sponsor. The other events will be as time allows. I'll decide on those when they get a little closer.

Sent from another Galaxy

updated on 2/6/13

Here is what people where interested in wheeling. Trying to appeal to everyone.....

April 20th, 2013 is Pig roast and Durhamtown wheeling (avoid the weekend of mud for blood)

One of the guys in the club made a good comment, keep the overnight trips to about 1/quarter if possible.
Windrock may be an option as well.

Just wanted to drop in and invite everyone to the Southeast Overland Grand Opening Party on April 20th in Seneca, SC. We will be having FREE food, giveaways, and also specials for the day! Hope to see y'all there!

Here is the thread for more info: https://forum.ih8mud.com/southeast-...overland-grand-opening-party.html#post8326706

will be at the long planned Pig Roast that weekend. wheeling, playin' Spaceballs on the big bcreen around the campfire and eatin' some of the best BBQ you'll ever taste.

will be at the long planned Pig Roast that weekend. wheeling, playin' Spaceballs on the big bcreen around the campfire and eatin' some of the best BBQ you'll ever taste.

Looking forward to that! I'm bringing the wifey with (no baby this year, she's still too little) and we're going to be camping this year as well! :eek:

Do you guys go up Friday evening and camp or show up Saturday morning?

Looking forward to that! I'm bringing the wifey with (no baby this year, she's still too little) and we're going to be camping this year as well! :eek:

Do you guys go up Friday evening and camp or show up Saturday morning?

awesome! yeah, it's usually the die-hard crowd that shows up Friday after work, throw down a tent and grill some steaks on the open fire. For me Friday night is kind of the unofficial kick off to the wheeling season cuz it's the first "real" event of the year.. :steer:

awesome! yeah, it's usually the die-hard crowd that shows up Friday after work, throw down a tent and grill some steaks on the open fire. For me Friday night is kind of the unofficial kick off to the wheeling season cuz it's the first "real" event of the year.. :steer:

Awesome. It would probably be a little easier for us to come up Friday evening so we may do that. It's still up in the air which vehicle we are bringing. I'm trying to get the mini ready so I can have a test run before GSMTR. Or, I could pull the mini up there with the 4Runner and have both! :steer: We'll see. I'm really excited about getting the wifey behind the wheel. She drove the 4Runner in 4 low for the first time the other day and she was so excited about it. It was pretty cool.

Sent from another Galaxy

I am STILL (even though you doubt me :flipoff2:) planning on deep frying a turkey for the Friday night crowd this year...

Awesome. It would probably be a little easier for us to come up Friday evening so we may do that. It's still up in the air which vehicle we are bringing. I'm trying to get the mini ready so I can have a test run before GSMTR. Or, I could pull the mini up there with the 4Runner and have both! :steer: We'll see. I'm really excited about getting the wifey behind the wheel. She drove the 4Runner in 4 low for the first time the other day and she was so excited about it. It was pretty cool.

You should definitely try and come out Friday night, that is when all the fun happens. :grinpimp:...It would also be awesome for you to have the 4runner and the mini out there

I am STILL (even though you doubt me :flipoff2:) planning on deep frying a turkey for the Friday night crowd this year...

holding my breath :flipoff2:

Sorry guys. We looked around and tried not to overlap with ant club events and must have missed that one.

no problem and very easy to miss, our schedule doesn't show up till post #43 :hmm:

Forgot to put this in as an unofficial trip. Sid and Nick had posted up interest.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/la-louisiana-land-krewesers/678627-llk-1st-annual-mardi-krawl-april-4-7-a-2.html

What do you guys think about this ride? Somewhere we have never been and not to far away (about 4.5 hours).

GMP shakedown run before GSMTR?

I know this is gonna be way too close to GSMTR for most, but puttin it out there just in case anyone wants to show up and wheel wherever I end up going (weather dependent). Thinking about the last weekend in April; the 27th & 28th.

GMP anyone?
^^^^STLCA primary thread

Last edited:
I know this is gonna be way too close to GSMTR for most, but puttin it out there just in case anyone wants to show up and wheel wherever I end up going (weather dependent).

GMP anyone?
^^^^STLCA primary thread

Too close for me. I have the ACC party on the 13th, Pig Roast on the 20th, and then GSMTR. Booked!

Sent from another Galaxy

Damn, I keep forgetting about the Pig Roast event. S'ok, I look forward to getting to wheel with you and your "new" crawler at GSMTR. Y'all have fun at the Roast; don't think I'm gonna venture that far again any time soon. Haha

Damn, I keep forgetting about the Pig Roast event. S'ok, I look forward to getting to wheel with you and your "new" crawler at GSMTR. Y'all have fun at the Roast; don't think I'm gonna venture that far again any time soon. Haha

You too brother! Its coming together. 5 speed is on the bench, dual adapter is on the way, springs and hi steer are done. Should be a serious wheeler by the time we get up there. I do need some tires tho... need to get on that.

Sent from another Galaxy

what off roading do you all have planed for sept 27th weekend? i may be there for a few days that weekend with the fj40.

We need discuss the Sept ride at the next meeting, think we should consider moving it to Windrock for a few reasons but wanted to float the option in hopes of getting some feedback.

The major reasons are 1) ease of getting to/from trails compared to the cove, 2) there may be no local assistance that weekend so we have to 3) consider the local bubba factor and 4) we may be a couple of experienced hands short of a full deck. I'd say that's a trifecta but it's really a... quadfecta? :hmm: thoughts???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom