2013 events (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You guys gonna do Gulches again? I was just looking and it's a little less than 4 hrs for me. So, not much further than D-Town. Is it a pretty good park?

I have been in that area before. There are some good looking forest roads around there. I would be up for some exploration
I have been a few times now..
I would be happy to help Yall out with some route segestions.
Or tag along if it's a weekend I can go.
I also know own of a few good camping areas.

I'd love to hit HS next year for the SCC but that's October as you know and for me work dependent. I'll just throw out the places we've been over the last several years in no particular order at varying reasonable distances.
Beasley
Morris Mountain
Chocco
Tracy
Windrock
Golden Mountain
Durhamtown
Gulches
Geo ride N Ga (Dahlonega -2011 and Clayton area- 2012)
Expo ride (2010) Dahlonega area
Skyline (failed attempt)
Places we've never been (+/- hardcore)
Gray Rock (rumors abound)
Uwharrie (5 hrs)
Mt Aettna (Chatt area)
Expo-ish
Prentice cooper
N Ga of course
And I just recently read somewhere about a possible new place near Chattanooga but can't remember where.
Of course my places are either going to be far for you guys or primarily hardcore, but I'd like to add Clayton, OK., Katemcy Rocks and Gurley, AL. to that list. Ask Nick about Gurley. We were the only two trucks that went after Chocco this year. Medium level wheeling with go-arounds for most everything big and LOTS of exploring if desired.

More than likely at least some of us will go back. It is a no brainer for Steve to be there.
I'll only go if some of you guys go again. I wouldn't have gone this year had it not been for the participants from this club.

Don't forget Harlan Ky (Black Mountain)
I think I've heard great things about Harlan.

Also, as a "feeler", I'm tentatively planning a trip to Colorado in mid 2013 too. My current thought is to hit Holy Cross, 21Rd and Moab. Looking at only taking one work week off for this

Of course my places are either going to be far for you guys or primarily hardcore, but I'd like to add Clayton, OK., Katemcy Rocks and Gurley, AL. to that list. Ask Nick about Gurley. We were the only two trucks that went after Chocco this year. Medium level wheeling with go-arounds for most everything big and LOTS of exploring if desired.

What's in Clayton, OK? That's near where I grew up (OKC). I still have a bunch of friends down that way. My calendar is pretty full for 2013 but I'm def overdue for a trip back home.

What's in Clayton, OK? That's near where I grew up (OKC). I still have a bunch of friends down that way. My calendar is pretty full for 2013 but I'm def overdue for a trip back home.
Black Sheep, Green Mamba extenstion, Jeff's Ledges, Easy Way. Those are some of the one's you'll find on YouTube (only the craziest stuff makes it to YT though). But Clayton is a lot of streambeds and big rocks and ledges. REALLY fun place for guys like me. Probably no one that'll have a way to do it, but for how far it is from GA, the thing to do would be to go to Superlift for two days and then Clayton for two days; they're not terribly far apart.

Black Sheep, Green Mamba extenstion, Jeff's Ledges, Easy Way. Those are some of the one's you'll find on YouTube (only the craziest stuff makes it to YT though). But Clayton is a lot of streambeds and big rocks and ledges. REALLY fun place for guys like me. Probably no one that'll have a way to do it, but for how far it is from GA, the thing to do would be to go to Superlift for two days and then Clayton for two days; they're not terribly far apart.

Yeah that would be a good trip. It would be a long haul from GA though. You'd have to take a week off. Maybe I need to start planning my trips about 2 years in advance...

4xsteve said:

How far from Superlift?

The idea for Skidaway Island near Savannah for an expo trip sounds really good. I'm from NC...OBX is an annual trek for me (basic & remote locations)...but have also done Uwharrie, western Carolinas, and eastern TN trails and camping.

Being (somewhat) older and with wife & kids, expo weekend trips are more appealing than rock climbing and mud-runs.

BTW...who do I connect with about joining the GA club?

You can pm me i will let you know

If anyone is following my Katemcy/RoundUp thread, they'll know why I'm suggesting this:
I vote for a trip to Golden Mountain in early April. I know I know, GMP is no fun in the rain - so maybe have a contingency plan for The Cove.

I'd take a look at Skyway for an Expo kinda trip. A lot of Alabama Tacos talk about it.

linky

I think that's where the University of Alabama Off-Road Club goes, in the Talladega National Forest? I'd definitely be interested in a trip there.

If anyone is following my Katemcy/RoundUp thread, they'll know why I'm suggesting this:
I vote for a trip to Golden Mountain in early April. I know I know, GMP is no fun in the rain - so maybe have a contingency plan for The Cove.

pretty sure the pig roast is about this same time, April 20 if i recall

Now that I'm no longer restricted by how far I dare drive the trail rig all kinds of possibilities open up.

Last edited:
I always enjoy the January D town ride.

pretty sure the pig roast is about this same time, April 20 if i recall
I now see where that was mentioned before. Too far for me though so I may put GMP on my calendar for April anyway in case anyone cares to go.

Now that I'm no longer restricted by how far I dare drive the trail rig all kinds of possibilities open up.
So when you wanna hit up Superlift and Clayton??? :)

Putting the finishing touches to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom