1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 BR-319 thru chile

Discussion in 'Trails - Events - Expeditions' started by jamrod, Sep 1, 2010.

1. jamrod

jamrod Regular Member

Have plans for the next year to make the BR-319 . The adventure starts in Venezuela, go down to Brazil take the BR-319 then reach Peru, to keep going down to Chile. I think this will be the most tough test to any Toyota. Requirements, at least military tires ( pizza cutters ), a snorkel to cross rivers, and plenty gas. I think is no to much about equipment, i will say it is more about personal attitude for this kind of adventure . the Trucks will be shipped from Miami to Venezuela, and from Chile they will sail back in to the States, shipping with taxes will be around $7000. Who would like to enjoy me..???
  2. TEPUI

TEPUI New Member

I'd avoid shipping the vehicles into Venezuela if you don't want unnecessary delays. Trust me; I am Venezuelan and can tell you that clearing customs can be a PITA, not to mention high risk for bribery, etc.

I know of many people who have traveled throughout South America, 90% of the roads you'll travel through are paved. You'll be better off with AT tires (no military tire/pizza cutters needed -- it's not as unexplored as you'd think)

I live in Chile, let me know if I can help with anything.