For Sale 2003 LC100 - 158kmi - Colorado - $11k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stock 2003 LC100 currently with 158k mi on the clock, in Colorado Springs, CO. I'm the 3rd owner. Originally from Indiana, then briefly in Minnesota before I moved with it to Colorado.

Major Service History
128k: Timing Belt / Head Gaskets / Radiator Replaced
135k: Front Axles Replaced
139k: Steering Rack Replaced
150k: Air Conditioning Line Replaced & Rear Rotors / Pads All Around
158k: Front Anti-Sway Bar Bushings & Links Replaced, Replaced front fog lights as well (the others were too foggy) with some used but excellent condition OEM lenses.

Current State
Clean title with a bank lien. Per the carfax, it was involved in a rear end accident @ ~25k mi with the first owner. Airbags didn't deploy. This was repaired and I can't tell where or what was damaged, very well repaired.

Engine / drive-train is running / shifting perfect. No oil or coolant leaks. Minor ~30 second exhaust tick / leak on passenger side only when the exhaust is not warmed up; as soon as the exhaust warms up, there are no leaks or sounds. Nitto Terra Grapler tires are all around 8/32" / 9/32" (40%) with minor inside edge cupping on the 8/32" tires (may be getting close to needing some new shocks). Tracking alignment is perfect & ride is smooth / stable.

Body is in fair condition with no surface rust w/ exception for a few rust spots near the rear hatch latch. Passenger side front door trim color has faded on the center strip. There are a few dings and bumps, but no major dents. Rood rack is solid. Rear spoiler mounts cracked so I took the spoiler off. The antenna still goes up & down but doesn't fully drop down (stops ~ 6 inches high). The chassis and drive-train is still relatively rust free (always undercoated), but the front & gas tank skids are pretty rusty.

Interior is in good condition. No cracks in the leather. Seat pockets are still nice & tight. I have
factory Toyota floor mats & Weathertech AVM mats in front, rear & cargo. Passenger side lower door speaker cover is loose. 3rd row seats in great condition. Has all the factory owners manuals and spare / jack / tools.

Factory options included: Navigation System, DVD System w/ 4 wireless headsets, side impact airbags, receiver hitch / towing package (though I've never towed with it), premium 18" wheels & running boards.

-------

Since I've owned the LC, it's always been serviced at Toyota. It has never been smoked in, I try to keep it clean & waxed. I've loved having the LC, it's not perfect, but it's a fantastic adventure vehicle. I'm selling because I just bought an FJ40 for the adventure decal & we're considering getting a smaller, more fuel efficient vehicle (Subaru).

Thanks for looking & let me know if you have any questions.

20141118_170555.jpg

20141118_170619.jpg

20141118_170628.jpg

20150705_162213.jpg

20150705_162225.jpg

Could we see underside photos given how much time it has spent in snow and salt? Thanks so much!

Sorry I just saw this request for underbody photos and it's already dark. I'm headed out tomorrow @ 3am with the LC bound for hiking Humboldt Peak, returning early Sunday. I'll share photos promptly on Sunday.

It spent up till ~128k in Indianapolis area and then another ~10k in Minneapolis with me. I'm not sure how salty or gravely the Indy road treatments are; but Minneapolis is liberal with the salts in winter. I respect that these can rust rather quickly, so I tried to keep it as clean as possible with unlimited car washes w/ underbody wash. Also, before the Minnesota winter hit hard, I got a good undercoat on it to help and kept the small area under the rear hatch latch oiled to prevent more rust.

The most obvious rusting had occurred on the fuel tank skid, where it's mostly corroded through. I've kept an eye out for used skids or pull-n-pay skids without any luck. I wish I could find one and replace it, but not concerned enough to fork out >$300 for new OEM. If the LC is returning to an environment more corrosive than Colorado, it would be good to put on a new skid to prevent fuel tank corrosion. The front skid corroded not necessarily from salty environment but rather, I believe, from a leaky radiator that was replaced at 128k. Maybe the radiator corroded to have a leak, not sure!

Nabbed some undercarriage and rust photos. It's not perfectly clean as it's been on gravel and 4wd trail over the past two days. The rust isn't terrible but it's still trouble.

20160924_170111.jpg

20160924_170041.jpg

20160924_165804(0).jpg

20160924_165747.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom