For Sale 2003 Land Cruiser – 2nd owner, 128K miles, full service history (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Change of Plans: Off the market as of 24 April - thanks everone for your interest!!! This Land Cruiser was my wife’s daily driver for over 5 years, until we purchased her dream car – a Ford Flex. On my end, I have 2 other daily drivers and 3 vehicles I’m restoring. And my brother just gave me his car while he hikes the Appalachian Trail. Bottom Line? I can’t drive my 2003 Land Cruiser enough to justify keeping it, and would like to use the sale proceeds to build out my ‘93 Land Cruiser to a higher standard. I have clear title in hand, and am asking $15,000 for the vehicle and 10 new tires with OEM wheels. Reasonable offers entertained, and I will assist with shipping if needed

This truck is a super-solid daily driver, or a great staring point for an expedition/overlanding build – Sonora Gold Pearl, with tan leather interior – it will blend in easily from the Middle East to Arizona to South America.

The 100 Series Land Cruiser was selected by Expedition Portal as the top used overlanding vehicle: Top 10 Used Overland Vehicles. And as most of you know, the 2003 Land Cruiser was much improved over the 2002 model year, including a 5-speed automatic transmission and several other upgrades.

- I’m the 2nd owner – I purchased at a Toyota dealership in October 2010 with 78.5K miles. It’s been my wife’s stock daily driver, and has not been used for off-roading. In the pix you’ll see a camping trip we took using logging roads up in Maine – the LC was flawless.

- All receipts from me and the first owner are included in the sale.

- Toyota Gold Comprehensive warranty was in effect from my purchase in 2010 until Oct 2015. So all needs were taken care of with OEM parts at the dealership.

- Low mileage (less than 10K miles per year), NEVER smoked in, no accidents, no pets.

- I think it has all options available for a 2003 – Navigation, Rear seat DVD with 2 sets of headphones, side airbags, remote CD changer, 18 inch wheels, roof rack, tow hitch. 3rd row seats included and are in as-new condition. 2 sets of OEM floor mats included – carpets for summer and rubberized for winter.

Fluids (oil, front and rear differentials, transfer case) converted to synthetic 5 years ago.

- I have the complete maintenance history from day 1 of the original owner. All maintenance, service, and wear items done early or on time. My receipts are a mixture of dealership and self-maintenance (I’ve been doing the fluids, dealership does the heavier lifting).

- All three OEM keys (including 2 with the remote fob) work fine.

- Leather interior gets treated at least once a year – in great shape - no rips, no split seams, no major wear of any kind.

- Consistent oil changes every 4-6 thousand miles with Mobil 1.

- New within the last 3 years: 10 new tires, front and rear brake pads and rotors, front A/C lines, passenger side exhaust manifold, spark plugs, a front brake caliper, new aftermarket front headlight bulbs, 4 uprated Bilstein shock absorbers, and new Toyota battery just a month ago.

- Timing belt and water pump were replaced by previous owner at 65,000 miles - see pix for proof - so at least 50,000 more miles before it’s needed again.

- I have $2,500 dollars in recent tire and wheel receipts:

o 5 BFG All Terrain, LT275/70/R18. E Rated - HEAVY duty, my wife hated them, so I replaced with 5 16 inch Chrome OEM wheels and Michelin LTX M/S2 265/75/R16 tires. Exceptional highway ride and a great combo with the Bilstein shocks. Both sets of tires have less than 4,000 miles on them.

- Extras: I removed the stock running boards, front skid plate, and the OEM big plastic useless shield up front as well. All are included in the sale if you want them.

What needs to be done?

- I did the lube/oil/filter with Mobil 1 synthetic 2 months ago. It’s probably time for a brake fluid flush and tranny fluid flush. (Although I think the dealership may have done the brake fluid when they did the front brakes).

- One of the front speakers sounds blown and should be replaced. And like most Land Cruisers, the power antenna goes up all the way, but does not fully retract.

- Driver’s side 3rd row seatbelt, and a corner piece of the factory luggage rack needs to be replaced – see pix.

- Like any 13 year old used LC, there are a few nicks and scrapes in the paint, and I plasti-dipped the 18 inch wheels and bumper for an expedition-style look. If you don’t like it, it peels off. Also, there is a small dent on the lower front fender, where I managed to bump the vehicle with my snow blower during the apocalypse winter of 2015 – D’oh! See pix.

- Front bumper skin has a split on the front passenger corner. Swapping in a new bumper skin is cheap and easy – I never bothered, hoping to pick up a used ARB or Slee front bumper instead.

- Undercarriage rust: The underside is in great shape for a New England Land Cruiser (I have a 3 car garage). Some of the suspension components have light surface rust, and the fuel tank shield has heavy rust. I didn’t replace it, as I was thinking of doing an expedition build with aftermarket skid protection underneath. I was going to scrape and paint everything with SEM Rust Shield like I did for my ’93 LC, or go with a complete aftermarket suspension upgrade if I found a steel front bumper.

- Body Rust: also in great shape for a New England truck - with 1 strange exception: Behind the passenger side rear tire, water got in behind fender well and caused corrosion (see pix). Not visible from the outside, and no other corrosion like this is present anywhere else on the vehicle. Not sure how it happened but should be easy to address.

Pictures are a mixture from the last 5+ years…Current state is no running boards, 16 inch chrome wheels and Michelin LTX highway tires.

Best way to contact me is via phone (603 913 4422) – weekdays, 5:30 – 8:30 pm, weekends any time. Texts to this number are fine as well. Thanks for reading! Greg
IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0235.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG

Last edited:
More Pix....
IMG_1031.jpg
IMG_2349.jpg
IMG_2339.jpg
IMG_2341.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg

Still more....
IMG_2328.JPG
IMG_2329.JPG
IMG_2334.jpg
IMG_2332.jpg
noname.jpeg

TTT for the start of a beautiful Spring week!

Greg,

Fellow NH Seacoaster here, going to try to give you a call tomorrow night.

Sounds Good!

This truck at this price seems like a winning combination (though I haven't seen it in person). I obtained a Texas one owner '04 a couple weeks ago, otherwise I would pursue this one.

Am I missing something, why so relatively little interest? Maybe it's just a sleeper.

Good luck seller and prospective buyers!

Thanks smoothcruiser! This will make an excellent trouble free rig for the next owner - remember, timing belt and water pump have already been done, which is the major maintenance for trucks in this mileage range. Also pretty rare to find only 2 owners, full history, and such low mileage 13 years down the road.

Next owner will have options around using as a DD or a more adventurous rig, which is why I haven't worried too much about the scuffs and scrapes. If I didn't have my '93 LC, I'd be turning this into an Expedition Rig for sure. The only thing I wouldn't do is pair the big BFG tires with the current Bilstein shocks - not a great match IMHO. I'm flexible on price to a certain extent, but not in a hurry to sell. I have a local Mud member contacting me this week, and we'll see how it goes!

Underside pics coming this weekend - and reasonable offers entertained!

Yes, of course:
- The grill and front bumper are black right now. The grill is painted, the bumper is plastidipped.
- Yes ,I have 10 Toyota OEM wheels (5 18", and 5 16"). The 18" wheels are black plastidip and have BFG AT's - LT275/70 R18, E Rated, which I purchased new. Great tires, but IMHO too heavy for the stock suspension with Bilstein shocks. After approx. 4K miles, I removed and replaced with the 16 inch chrome wheels (purchased here on Mud) and brand new Michelin LTX AT2's. The Michelins are a much better match for how we use the vehicle (on-pavement). These tires also have less than 5K miles on them.

So for the right deal, the buyer will get enough tires and wheels for any direction they choose to go. Hope this helps!

So I've decided not to sell - change of plans, but I just can't let my hundy go. Having this truck for 5 years is a minor miracle, as my normal turnover rate is half that. New plan is to off-load my Ram, pick up a 3 season sports car, and use my '03 LC, '93 LC, and my '94 RRC (once I do the brakes, swivel seals, PS hoses and pump, heater core, Cats, etc.) for back country and camping adventures. Thanks for your interest everyone!

You still need another truck for day hikes. I know what it's like to decide not to sell. I sold my LX470 and it didn't take long to realize that was a mistake. So I bought another one, for more money. :doh:

But seriously, can somebody fill me in as to why this truck did not sell? Is there a considerable rust issue? -- that has to be it. A month ago, there were about ten buyers out there turning over every stone for a 100 series like this. Did they/you all find their/your trucks?

You still need another truck for day hikes. I know what it's like to decide not to sell. I sold my LX470 and it didn't take long to realize that was a mistake. So I bought another one, for more money. :doh:

But seriously, can somebody fill me in as to why this truck did not sell? Is there a considerable rust issue? -- that has to be it. A month ago, there were about ten buyers out there turning over every stone for a 100 series like this. Did they/you all find their/your trucks?

The rust is not bad - certainly less than average for New England. I'm guessing the price may have been a bit high, but offset by all the new tires and OEM wheels. It's best this way - now I can buy a summer sports car...

Tell me more about that Touring in the second pic...

Loved that car - 2002, AWD, 5 speed - rare as hen's teeth. Bought it, fixed it up, drove it for a summer, sold it, shoulda kept it. 2nd owner, full dealership service history...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom