Ford 2000 Ford Excursion back gate leaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I replaced the sealing gasket and that didn't help either. Any ideas?

I know this is an old post, but if it's still leaking you might want to try this. I was complaining to LoCrwln (Here) about the OEM bulb seals on my '01. He put surgical tubing inside the closed portion of his door seals (2001) to help his seals. he gave me some left over surgical tubing and it's worked for me as well.

If you open the door and look at your door sill, you should be able to see the joint/seam for the doors' bulb seal. Pull one end away and you'll see the closed loop portion that makes the "Bulb." that's where we inserterted the surgical tubing.

I know this is an old post, but if it's still leaking you might want to try this. I was complaining to LoCrwln (Here) about the OEM bulb seals on my '01. He put surgical tubing inside the closed portion of his door seals (2001) to help his seals. he gave me some left over surgical tubing and it's worked for me as well.

If you open the door and look at your door sill, you should be able to see the joint/seam for the doors' bulb seal. Pull one end away and you'll see the closed loop portion that makes the "Bulb." that's where we inserterted the surgical tubing.

Interesting. So you threaded the surgical tubing thru the entire bulb portion of the seal? That provided enough additional volume support that it sealed??

edit: what size tubing did you use?

Yes. I removed the bulb seal from the door frame and threaded it through. I laced some yellow construction twine through with the help of a coat hanger and an air compressor. I then tied the twine to the tubing and pulled it through.

I'll check on the size of the tubing for you.

Thanks! This is great information!

Finale:

We identified the source of the incoming water. The rear glass and seal were installed incorrectly and water was coming in that way. The water was coming thru the seal, following a bolt head to the inside plastic liner and being routed that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom