2 cycle mix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
In case of a long emergency and you run out of 2 cycle oil, what oil would you use for a good mix?

Thanks!

I was thinking chainsaws. I have all different years that require the different mixes, but tend to use @ 40 to 1 mix. I have all the different flavors in chainsaws.

The one's I use and are running are more from 90's. 32:1 to 40:1. Can I use the 30w instead of the labeled 2 cycle oil and mix the ratios?

There you go with the good tech again...

So, 30W oil would be an acceptable sub for 2 cycle oil for the short term? If so, How much should you use for a 40:1 ratio, in five gals.

So, 30W oil would be an acceptable sub for 2 cycle oil for the short term? If so, How much should you use for a 40:1 ratio, in five gals.
So divide 5 gallons by 40-----that's 128 ozs times 5 divided by 40=16

go buy 2-stroke oil ...... if you don't seize the crank you will jam a piston . when you mess with the oil mix you are messing with the a/f basically more oil is making it run hotter / leaner and can lead to a seizure . more oil = less fuel = more air = seizure . maybe it wont happen on an old loose chain saw but try it with a modern strung out two stroke and it wont last 2 minutes .

I was talking about a long emergency, where stores may shut down and you run out of your stash of 2 cycle oil, then what? More of a question for WTSHTF , survival type thing. I've already upped my stash to @ two years worth, so should be good. My gas wouldn't be any good after that.

Your milk will go bad before you run out of two cycle.

In 2011 we had a 13 day electrical outage due to a wet snowstorm in October.

I learned that the smallest generator you can get by with is best due to the fuel shortage. Lots of people were running their big 8kw generators, for a while... But my little 2kw Honda kept chugging along.

I was talking about a long emergency, where stores may shut down and you run out of your stash of 2 cycle oil, then what? More of a question for WTSHTF , survival type thing. I've already upped my stash to @ two years worth, so should be good. My gas wouldn't be any good after that.

i actually think it would be the complete opposite for me , i have had a 4l jug of two-stroke oil for a few years now that is still half full . i cut 4 cords of fire wood a year , plus run my bush wacker on 5 acres .

if things got crazy and i figured out how to manufacture gas i usually have another 20l of inj two-stroke for the toys .

anything that i have ever seen that used 30w for two-stroke oil was in the 20:1-25:1 range . vs most two-stroke oils being ran around 50:1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom