2.5 OME on 37 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I have a 2.5 inch OME Kit on my 97 VX80 and using 315/75 R 16 Cooper STT tyre.
Would it be okay to mount 37 tyre with an addition of Spacer onto this kit ? I have obsered some users using 2.5 OME with 37".

DSC04001.jpg

You will rub at full stuff. I'm planning on spacers and a 1" body lift to help clear mine.

Unless you are going to also spring for gears, I wouldn't do it. It's a pig with 4.10's

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

You will probably have to lower your bumpstops if you don't want to cut into the body. But they will fit. I remeber a guy running 37's on a stock suspension.

You already appear to have a level stance so I presume you mean spacers at all 4 corners.
You would have to readress castor, or at least your steering would likely benefit if you did.
Make sure your shocks are long enough depending on size of spacer you consider.

How much off road and articulation do you see. As mentioned some other ancillaries like the bumpstops can help you get by and let them 'fit' for daily road use.

I would vote for a small 1'' or 1.5'' bodylift instead but understand thats an opinionated solution.
it avoids readdressing castor and keeps COG lower while allowing for bigger tyres

Thanks for your inputs.

The problem is that, rear tyres rub on current 35 position, mounted 1.5 inc spacer onto back springs, but i still rub on maximum articulation, there seems no other way except to extend the bumpstops.
I personally think, the problem is due to the wheel rims’ offset. As it is -35 outer offset rims, tyres do not fit into the wing. What i really would like to know is that, would the 1.5 inch spacers make a problem on caster angle or diff angle or on the cranks.
How much limit can i have as i plan to have 2 inch spacers.

Thanks for your inputs.
What i really would like to know is that, would the 1.5 inch spacers make a problem on caster angle or diff angle or on the cranks.
How much limit can i have as i plan to have 2 inch spacers.

fitting big tires on a smaller lift with these rigs relies heavily on backspacing of the wheels. What width wheels do you have and whats the backspacing ( https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html )

and nothing wrong with bumpstop drops in back to keep you out of the fenders

I dont fully understand/follow your ? about how much limit and the reference to "cranks" but yes absolutely 1.5'' spacer will most definately change your castor and likely put you out of range unless you are currently overcorrected for you height. if you correct your castor then the diff angle may need to be addressed with a double cardan driveshaft. Hope that helps.

I don't think spacers only are going to solve the rubbing you WILL have if you move up to 37s running a 2.5" lift. For the first time since I have been on 35+ inch tires (currently on a true 37), I have absolutely no rubbing. Here are my numbers:

FOR 3.5" Springs
2" MetalTech Spacer (front)
1" 4Crawler Body Lift
FJ Cruiser Rims 17" x 7.5" W/4.75" BS
37"x 13.5"x 17" Toyo MTs
1.25"Wheel Spacers (rubbed with 1")
4" Bump Stop Extensions for the rear (only 3" needed, will cut soon to allow more stuff)
No Bump Stop Extensions on the front
Fender Wells trimmed 1" [probably not needed as there is plenty of clearance for 37s, just prepping for 39s, ;) ]

Hope these numbers helps those trying to eliminate their rubbing. It took a lot of different factors for me to get there.

Derrick

When body lifting, will not there be so much clearance between the front ARB bumper and the body.
Do you think it will look very bad ? Anyone who experienced and solved it ?

This is exactly what i am talking. See the attached picture.

TamponArasi_zps7875ad4d.jpg

Looks like his aftermarket wheels have more backspacing than stock. That's gunna change up all the math. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom