2 1/2" Lift Kits and Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The vigilant eyes of Woody are always upon us...

Oddly, I'm not sure whether I should feel comforted in that or not though!! :D

JK, Woody!!

Question?
JT Outfitters offers a 2 1/2" front lift and a 4" rear lift..
Why would I do that?
I was planning on 2 1/2 all the way around.

petescoffee

As opposed to most of today's vehicles, LC's are known to sit "nose up." Hence, the lift is intended to help level it out.

Incidentally, you'll find that several of the lift manufacturer's offer 2 1/2" front/4" rear lift kits for the LC.

Actually (watching again....heh heh) those mixed kits are designed for those who install a shackle reversal kit in front....the reversal kit adds 1.5" plus 2.5" front springs and 4" rear springs to level. You then go with 1" overstock shackles to either level the rig or "rake" it a bit tail-high.

You can also go with front reversal and 4" springs for 5.5" and rear 4" springs with 2.5" overstock shackles and get pretty level.

I ran 2.5" front softrides with the BTB reversal (yeah yeah...) and 4" rears on mine with extended custom front shock towers. Good flex, good ride, the rear shackle mod I writeup up in the tech section helps a lot in the rear too.

Thanks, Woody!

I'd heard the nose up/down from a couple of different local off-road shops, and had kind of accepted the notion. That idea was compounded when I took the pre- & post-measurements when installing my 4" Skyjacker lift, as the top of the front fenderwell was (and still is) about an inch higher than the rear fenderwell. In hindsight, I guess it probably isn't a good idea to assume that the front & rear fenderwells have the same height.

Just goes to show that you can learn something every day!! :D

Those are the same DT shock #'s I am running on my 74, so they should work fine. They came straight from a DT app. guide, not that you can always trust those. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom