1HZ vacuum ?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech and 24 volts Systems' started by Grease Cruiser, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

I am putting a 1HZ/H55F into a FJ45. The HZJ75 that I pulled the motor out of did not have vacuum assist brakes. It was a Miller Tech. truck with hydraulic brakes.

I can get a electric vacuum pump but I would rather not go that route. Just wondering what the 1HZ had to prduce vacuum? Was it off the alternator? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks.
  2. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

There was pump mounted on the front of the engine. not belt driven. I think it is gear driven from inside.

Is there a blanking cover over the hole?
  3. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

There are some 1HZ that comes with vacc pump in the block gear driven .. also other comes with vaccum pump back in the alternator .. you have both options to do that ...
  4. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

Thanks, any pics of these 2 setups? Greatly appreciated.
  5. This is the pump on my 1HZ and it is gear driven as BB mentioned.

The steel pipe is for lubrication ,the large rubber hose goes to the brake booster and I use the small pipe for the vac shift solenoids and aircon fast idle up.
    robs pics 027 (Small).jpg
  6. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

Thanks RoscoFJ73

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to see.

My 1HZ has a plate there. I figured it had to have run something. I guess Miller Tech felt that the vacuum pump was not necessary.

Now, where to get one? Anybody got a part # for that vacuum pump.

Again, thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.
    John
  7. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

If you can't get a 1HZ vacc pump .. think in the alternator pump option ..
  8. rick_d

rick_d

john-
    pzj, hzj, and hdj pumps for 12 valves are all interchangable. rebuild kits are relativly cheap once the pump (try greg/sheldon @g&s) is found.

non oe:

electric would be my first choice over installing a more "service difficult" alternator/vacuum option. An alt/vac system will make it pretty crowded over near your water outlet and *turbo* install.
  9. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

rick_d: Thanks. I concur. I just don't care for the noise out of the electric vacuum pumps. I know, I know, you don't hear it after the engine is running but it kind of bugs me when you turn the key.

I might see what a vacuum pump runs. If it is outrageous, I'll be going electric. Thanks to all those with input.
    John
  10. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

Part #

So, someone told me that the 1HZ vacuum part # is:
    #29300-17010

Can anyone verify this for me before I dish out the $1,000 for it? Thanks in advance.
    John
  11. hdj105

hdj105

That's the correct part number for the pump itself (for all years of 80 series diesels), but doesn't include the lube line and fittings you will also require.

I'm sure you could source a complete used setup from someone in Aust. much cheaper.

12. Japan4X4

Japan4X4

Or you could buy this used one i have sitting here on the shelf.
  13. Grease Cruiser

Grease Cruiser

PM sent. How much and where are you located?