1hz-t higher egt lower power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And the turbine spins fine without touching?

I don't know what time it is there but if you were here I'd ask what the hell you are doing up this early on a Saturday morning!

The turbine spun fine without touching, but I'll double check before I install it. Anywhere in particular I should be looking at? Blade tip clearance at the exducer or inducer?

Last edited:
Currently just after 1pm on a friday afternoon.
I also work a ton of randomized shiftwork so if you see me online at a outlandish hour don't be alarmed.

Ok so I have several cam lobes underside by 0.02mm - 0.03mm, both intake and exhaust side. And all the valve clearances are tight, as in most are under by 0.10mm - 0.15mm! I don't know how the hell it would get this bad.

Well this weekend I got to work on this for the first time in months. Been away working again.

I got the valve shims done before I left. Since getting back I've got a big chunk of work done. Went back to the simple things; replaced the radiator cap with a 1.3bar one, drained and flushed coolant and replaced with straight water and Water Wetter. Also did an oil flush and change.

I have the feeling that the coolant mix was wrong, also hoping the Water Wetter/straight water mix and higher operating pressure will reduce the likelihood of localised boiling in the head, I'm thinking boiling in the head would cause the egt to also rise making temps spiral out of control.

It has the new supra turbo bolted on too, hoping this will help with cooler intake temps. I haven't had a chance to take it for a good drive yet, I'm hoping I can do that tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom