1hdt conversion tach question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
not sure if anyone can answer specifically here but I'm sure you can. I'm new to the diesel forum as I just today got my fj62 back from having a 1hdt with an h55 swapped into it. hilltop cruisers in Alberta Canada did a great job but due to timing issues the only thing he really couldn't clean up was hooking the tach up. my fj62 tach has two wires for lights and a ground and 12v wire. (the whole system including starter and glow are 12 volt on my swap). the last wire is for the tach pulse. where on the 1hdt does this come from? I understand it's on the injection pump but can someone point it out exactly? I'm new to this engine so it'll take me a while to get to know it. will my stock tach work with the 1hdt? doesn't seem like a big job but everything on this swap was apparently a challenge!!

I've read this but frankly don't understand the acronyms. are these specific automotive parts or just electrical components? it seems that a aftermarket tach was needed that could read the pulse signal. I didn't see the stock tach being used. can you dumb this down a little better for me?

Last edited:
Basically you have a hall effect sensor on the internal side of your IP ( against the block ) that one it's your Tach pick up sensor .. I believe in your gasser the signal will came from your coil .. not sure how that can be translated to the diesel Tach or vice versa ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom