1HD-T Rebuild What pistons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day everyone long time reader first time poster. I have sourced a 03/1992 1HDT engine for my 75 series I know im on the 80 series page reason being the motor is from a 80 series and 75 didnt come with em. Anyway I will get to the point, as alot are aware these early motors ran a different size bowl in the piston. Cause I am doing a full rebuild, I want to get the most out of it. Can I simply change the pistons to the bigger bowl size and using the correct injector washers to suit or is it a little more than that. Im pretty sure that the compression is the same as when they went a wider bowl they were also not as deep. Could someone shed some light on the matter and what would be some good pistons to put in it as down the track I will be doing a turbo upgrade and I will be boosting it but I want this thing right. Cheers.

Toyota makes oversize pistons that are something like 0.2 and 0.4 mm larger diameter. This is so that you can bore out the cylinders to correct for wear. It doesn't increase the displacement enough to change the injectors or anything else. It just returns the cylinders to new condition.

I am aware of the oversize pistons, I was talking about the combustion bowl sizes as there are 2 types.

So Many diesels lately, such an influx...getting feverish!! Need a diesel !! Quick! @Pin_Head talk me out of it! Use your uncanny logical reasoning abilities to sway me away.

I am aware of the oversize pistons, I was talking about the combustion bowl sizes as there are 2 types.

Pinhead speaks petrol, as do 97.6% of this 80 forum's users, since the only the U.S. market offering.

The aforementioned Diesel Tech forum will serve the questions better, since a broader audience of oil burners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom