1FZ-FE head bolt question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can the head bolts for the above be used again once they have been removed. Or are new bolts required when re-installing a head. I have not really been able to find any info on this subject. All kinds of info but none specific to this. Thanks in advance.

They can be used again if they meet spec. Several people have replaced them as a precaution.

As long as they meet the spec found in the manual you can reuse them. There are folks on here that prefer not to reuse because they are TTY or torque to yield bolts but the manual does not say single use only. If your head is off for the first time your likely good to go but check the bolts against the spec shown in the Toyota service manual.

As long as they meet the spec found in the manual you can reuse them. There are folks on here that prefer not to reuse because they are TTY or torque to yield bolts but the manual does not say single use only. If your head is off for the first time your likely good to go but check the bolts against the spec shown in the Toyota service manual.

X2

I was recently discussing this with Cdan because I was going to order a set (14X $12 each or somthing like that) and we came to the same conclusion...if your head has never been off they are more than likely good for at least one more use...mic them to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom