1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 LX 450 Seat Heaters

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by mts, Aug 12, 2003.

1. mts

mts

The SO wants some seat heaters in the truck before this winter. I'm likely going to install some aftermarket ones, but was wondering where the factory switches were located on LX 450's that came with seat heaters. I've got a couple "blanks" just under and to the left of the radio.....I'm guessing that's where the switches went? ???

C-Dan - can you order just the seat heater switches to keep the factory look?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Supporting Vendor Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Mike,

Lx450's and 80 series Cruisers imported into the US did not have seat heaters as a option. My Japan-only catalog shows seat heaters for domestic Japan usage. The switches are mounted in the center console. They are non-import items for TMS USA. They would have to be "grey marketed" into the US by some means. If they are priced like most other switches, I would guess them to be 50 to 90 bucks a piece plus however you would be able to get them into the country. The easiest way would be to have a contact in Japan that could buy them from a Japanese dealer and the send them to you.

Dan.

P.S. There are seat heaters in some Siennas, the switch for one of those may fit the hole in the Cruiser console. The Sienna ones go for about 58 bucks.

3. cruiserman

cruiserman

Dude, You're in KY, not Alaska.

4. scottm

scottm

Media:
    What kind of heaters are you putting in the seats?

5. mts

mts

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31767 date=1060721696]
    Dude, You're in KY, not Alaska.
    [/quote]

Dude, thanks for the info, I was confused, I always wondered why I didn't run into more Canadian people here. ;)

C-dan - You are a wealth of knowledge as usual. I guess the aftermarket switches will work just fine. :D

6. mts

mts

[quote author=Scott Miller link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31772 date=1060722260]
    What kind of heaters are you putting in the seats?
    [/quote]

I am likely getting them from www.duettomotors.com. Pretty good prices and I have a friend that has them in his SUV and they work pretty well.

Mike

7. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Go figure, they include this as an option for Japan, but not Canada?! The again MTN, I tend to agree, you need these in KY :D :D?

On a more serious note, do a search on either this forum or the old SOR. Someone replaced the leather - very nice job and put in seat heaters IIRC.

Cheers, Hugh

8. cruiserman

cruiserman

[quote author=mts link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31774 date=1060722314]
    Dude, thanks for the info, I was confused, I always wondered why I didn't run into more Canadian people here. ;)[/quote] :D My mom lives near you and has heated seats in her Subaru.

9. BMT

BMT

Leather and heated seats...you guys are lucky. :D

10. TomH

TomH SILVER Star

Mike

How bad do you want a stock switch? I happen to be going to Japan in September and could probably check and see if they are available. :D

Tom

11. Junk

Junk

[quote author=mts link=board=2;threadid=4283;start=0#msg31737 date=1060714703]
    The SO wants some seat heaters in the truck before this winter. [/quote]
    [shadow=red,left][glow=pink,3,999]DUDE[/glow][/shadow],like you are in B...F... KY. :flipoff2:

Just tell her to drink a lot of carbonated beverages and she'll warm her own seat. :flipoff2:

Just find another yota that has the seats and use those switches. That's what I did for my inverter switch :mightybird:. :D