1996 FZJ80 Valuation Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

After buying this FZJ80 found one problem after another that has me convinced to sell it. I really like the car and I'm sure someone with much more knowledge and experience with these can do well with this thing but I could use some help in coming up with a valuation for this thing. Here is what I know:

1996 FZJ 80
180xxx miles
No lockers
oil leak - possibly from front main seal
Back windows do not roll down
Rear gate does not open from the outside
The hose going from the gas cap to the gas tank needs replacing
AC does not work - potentially just needs to be charged and vacuumed
Missing a few rear speakers
Leather in decent shape except for drivers seat
Tires need replacing soon
4"-6" lift
Front bumper is a bit bent up

At the time I took the photos the hood wasn't latching all the way but I have since corrected that issue.

Any info or advice on selling this thing would be much appreciated!

full

full

full

full

full

Looks like she's had a rough life and been ignored. Maybe a history of a front end collision and some rust starting under the hood?? If the head gasket isn't leaking and the engine is in good shape, $1000-2000. If the head gasket is leaking or suspect, engine smokes or knocks, under $1000. Others might disagree, but to fix everything and put good tires on it can get expensive fast. Bottomline, it's worth what you can get for it, so start at $3999 and see what offers you get.

Looks like she's had a rough life and been ignored. Maybe a history of a front end collision and some rust starting under the hood?? If the head gasket isn't leaking and the engine is in good shape, $1000-2000. If the head gasket is leaking or suspect, engine smokes or knocks, under $1000. Others might disagree, but to fix everything and put good tires on it can get expensive fast. Bottomline, it's worth what you can get for it, so start at $3999 and see what offers you get.

Thanks for the reply. Haven't noticed any leaking on the head gasket and engine runs smooth with no knocks or smoke that I've seen. Also there may be a bit of rust but not much. Really appreciate the advice!

Thanks for the reply. Haven't noticed any leaking on the head gasket and engine runs smooth with no knocks or smoke that I've seen. Also there may be a bit of rust but not much. Really appreciate the advice!

To give you an idea. I also have a 96 Land Cruiser. I bought it knowing it had a blown head gasket. It was used by a camp ground owner to haul stuff around the camp for repairs. It was dirty, and the top end down to the head was all pulled out. It was bone stock, and the body was in great shape. The owner wanted $2,000.00 - and most of that was for the parts he had already bought to fix it (parts were in the back still in original packaging). We bought it - fixed the blown head gasket, a/c, and de-crapped the inside. Does have elockers which work great.

Thing is - 96 is the last year of the solid front axle. Around the off roading community they are very much sought after.

If I was to sell mine now - I would list it at $7,000.00 for starters.

Thing is - 96 is the last year of the solid front axle. Around the off roading community they are very much sought after.

97 is the last year in the US. The 100 series had them later in other markets.

I agree $4k seems reasonable.

@RiFF RaFF you could probably get more than that unless the miles are super high. Lockers seem to add alot.

$2500 max is what I'd even begin to consider paying. Mine was in substantially better shape with factory lockers and I got it for $4000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom