eBay 1994 Toyota FZJ80 - Proffitt's Diesel Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May need the $$ for a down payment on a house.

For Sale: 1994 Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 with Proffitt’s Cruisers Cummins turbo diesel conversion. The following 80 series land cruiser has just completed a diesel conversion with a Remanufactured 2001 Cummins 3.9 liter 4BTA. For more specifics on the diesel motor and associated costs, go to proffitscruisers.com

With the diesel conversion, comes a “Panther” Heavy-duty 700R4 transmission, considered to be a step up from the typical 700R4 Proffitt’s uses in these types of conversions. An fj62 transfer case eliminates the full-time 4wd these vehicles had in stock configuration. The early model transfer case allows 2wd for better fuel consumption and less wear on the front end.

The vehicle has been in my ownership since 1997 when it came off a 30k mile lease. It has been taken from stock setup to where it sits now. Even given the amount of added weight it has, with the diesel, it can now get around 20 mpg.

The following bulleted items are those included in the build of the truck. Feel free to email buyer with any and all questions. I’m using bullets to keep the ad short and concise given the amount of space a full description could really take up.

- Reman’d 2001 Cummins 4BTA (~65k miles)

- New A/C Compressor/Power Steering Pump

- TCC built Panther 700R4 Tranmission

- 4 inch lift, via OME Heavy springs + MetalTech front spring spacers + Man-a-fre Rear spring spacers

- Slee off-road 1st Gen. front control arms

- Slee off-road front and rear adjustable lateral control arms

- Slee off-road rear sway bar drop brackets(not installed)

- Front ARB winch ready bumper

- Safari snorkel

- Custom built “Stubbs Welding” sliders with air fitting taps welded on

- Custom built rear bumper with rear winch mount, dual pivots, rear tire swing-out, and CB mount. Rear bumper eliminates factory rear cross member for closer fit and better departure angle

- New Windshield

- IPOR Dual battery setup with optima red top and diehard deep cycle secondary battery. Surepower dual battery separator.

- Rhino’d Fender Flares

- Alpine CDA-9883 Head Unit w/ Ipod hookup

- Eclipse Speakers – Front/Rear

- JL Audio 10” subwoofer in Sealed enclosure

- JL Audio 250/1 Mono Amp (for subwoofer only)

- 2 Farad Capacity

- Rear Cargo deck for added storage space – with middle row seats folded half way, provides room for full size air mattress.

- Factory FZJ80 Wheels with 315/75/R16 Toyo Open Country M/T

- Factory Toyota Differential Locks: Front and Rear

- Recent front birfield repack with all new associated bearing, etc.

More pics Available here...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/218677366DFWTSx

Price - $27.5k obo

Updated Price: $26k

FZJ- Ebay.jpg

Last edited:
It's not difficult to look up on their site to see what they charge for the conversion which is a minimum of 20K plus whatever the 80 is worth. So it is a relatively unbiased opinion because their livelyhood does not depend on the sale of this cruiser. They made their money when they installed it.

x2.

Proffitt's has no incentive to tell individual "X" a dishonest opinion of my truck considering they will see known of the proceeds when/if I sell it.
For a potential buyer, a shop would be the next safest party to contact about a vehicle besides going solely off what they think is the seller's "honest" opinion.

To add, if you had this truck, and it were to get totaled, Proffit's would be your best friend. They would have to put an estimate together, based on what customizations/parts were done and submit that to the insurance company for an equal replacement. I know they have done this once before.

Do you want them saying a vehicle is worth $12K (example price) and then charge you full price (20K) to actually perform the work to replace it? That certainly would not be beneficial for them. I believe their opinion is based on what a replacement cost would be.

I've wheeled with this truck, and it kicked ass before the diesel conversion.

Good luck on the sale!

To add, if you had this truck, and it were to get totaled, Proffit's would be your best friend. They would have to put an estimate together, based on what customizations/parts were done and submit that to the insurance company for an equal replacement. I know they have done this once before.

Do you want them saying a vehicle is worth $12K (example price) and then charge you full price (20K) to actually perform the work to replace it? That certainly would not be beneficial for them. I believe their opinion is based on what a replacement cost would be.

Great information to know. thanks for passing it along.
Here I was thinking i needed to get it appraised ASAP so i'd have something to show my insurance company in the event of a bad wreck; a precaution I still might take for safe measure.

Great information to know. thanks for passing it along.
Here I was thinking i needed to get it appraised ASAP so i'd have something to show my insurance company in the event of a bad wreck; a precaution I still might take for safe measure.

Seriously, that would be a shame to see that beauty get in an accident. I know a show truck builder that made a custom 14" prototype IFS lift for a chebby (lots of hours invested and $$$) and 22" spinner wheels on 37's. Some a-hole ran a stop sign and hit him on his way to a truck show. The insurance company totaled it and wouldn't let him buy it back. Luckily some rich dad bought it for his son at auction and found this builder by chance to see if he could repair the lift, so he cut him a deal and gave him a smaller lift/tires+labor in exchange for the 22's and custom lift.

I don't drive a lot so I only have liability insurance, but I plan on driving a lot more in the future, so I need to do some sort of appraisal and full coverage because I'd hate to see my $3.5K S/C go out the window in a wreck.

Honestly if I were you I would keep it, not many people are buying cars right now especially niche market vehicles. You have created what you want to have an maybe better off keeping it.

From a consumers point of view... most people want diesels for one of two reasons 1) super high gas mileage cars (jetta tdi) or 2) the low end torque for towing BIG loads (3/4 - 1 ton trucks). Neither of which even a diesel land cruiser is good at and either of the two categories of vehicles above can be bought used for less money, with less miles (total on vehicle), and will accomplish their respective task better.

Very nice rig though and good luck with the sale!

Dude why are you buying a house...don't try and act all grown up on us now.

You want to trade and unfished 45 for it. Its got two flat tires and 40k worth of parts and cruiser solutions half ass labor.

If you get your asking price I'm gonna start doing these conversions. They must call it PROFITS cruisers for a reason.

Drop me a line and let me know whats going on.

Outback is in dire straits only 1 40 left running.

seats?

Does your cruiser have the 3rd row seats removed?

Saw you on 66E last week in my 4runner. Nice looking rig. Even sweeter now knowing you have a cummins in it

Mileage shows 65k? Is that actual miles on the rig or on the conversion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom