EBay: 1994 Toyota FZJ80 - Proffitt's Diesel Conversion

Discussion in 'FJ80 | FZJ80 | LX450 | HDJ81' started by Cruiserhead05, Sep 8, 2008.

Classifieds Guidelines... short but sweet

- Prices: It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you POST A PRICE for each item. Don't ask for bids or offers, this is not EBay. And please, no prices in the Title.
- Location: IH8MUD reaches over 250 unique countries per day. Please include your state/country in the Title.
- Sold Items: Threads remain for price/product research. Make a final Reply to note your item is sold.

Tie Rod Media LLC does not get involved in transactions or disputes. PLEASE perform your own due diligence to ensure a smooth transaction.
  1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

May need the $$ for a down payment on a house.

For Sale: 1994 Toyota LandCruiser FZJ80 with Proffitt’s Cruisers Cummins turbo diesel conversion. The following 80 series land cruiser has just completed a diesel conversion with a Remanufactured 2001 Cummins 3.9 liter 4BTA. For more specifics on the diesel motor and associated costs, go to proffitscruisers.com

With the diesel conversion, comes a “Panther” Heavy-duty 700R4 transmission, considered to be a step up from the typical 700R4 Proffitt’s uses in these types of conversions. An fj62 transfer case eliminates the full-time 4wd these vehicles had in stock configuration. The early model transfer case allows 2wd for better fuel consumption and less wear on the front end.

The vehicle has been in my ownership since 1997 when it came off a 30k mile lease. It has been taken from stock setup to where it sits now. Even given the amount of added weight it has, with the diesel, it can now get around 20 mpg.

The following bulleted items are those included in the build of the truck. Feel free to email buyer with any and all questions. I’m using bullets to keep the ad short and concise given the amount of space a full description could really take up.

- Reman’d 2001 Cummins 4BTA (~65k miles)

- New A/C Compressor/Power Steering Pump

- TCC built Panther 700R4 Tranmission

- 4 inch lift, via OME Heavy springs + MetalTech front spring spacers + Man-a-fre Rear spring spacers

- Slee off-road 1st Gen. front control arms

- Slee off-road front and rear adjustable lateral control arms

- Slee off-road rear sway bar drop brackets(not installed)

- Front ARB winch ready bumper

- Safari snorkel

- Custom built “Stubbs Welding” sliders with air fitting taps welded on

- Custom built rear bumper with rear winch mount, dual pivots, rear tire swing-out, and CB mount. Rear bumper eliminates factory rear cross member for closer fit and better departure angle

- New Windshield

- IPOR Dual battery setup with optima red top and diehard deep cycle secondary battery. Surepower dual battery separator.

- Rhino’d Fender Flares

- Alpine CDA-9883 Head Unit w/ Ipod hookup

- Eclipse Speakers – Front/Rear

- JL Audio 10” subwoofer in Sealed enclosure

- JL Audio 250/1 Mono Amp (for subwoofer only)

- 2 Farad Capacity

- Rear Cargo deck for added storage space – with middle row seats folded half way, provides room for full size air mattress.

- Factory FZJ80 Wheels with 315/75/R16 Toyo Open Country M/T

- Factory Toyota Differential Locks: Front and Rear

- Recent front birfield repack with all new associated bearing, etc.

More pics Available here...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/218677366DFWTSx

Price - $27.5k obo

Updated Price: $26k

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  2. arcteryx

arcteryx Supporting Vendor

wow, can't believe your selling it Brandon. You just got it back in May right?
  3. Cruiserhead05

You got it!

I love the truck, the setup is great.
    As stated, it would only be to buy a house.
  4. arcteryx

arcteryx Supporting Vendor

well, it's gonna make someone very happy. your engine is very clean. good luck with the sale!
  5. forcedinductionz

forcedinductionz

Whats reserve?
  6. Cruiserhead05

Now, that would just spoil all the fun.
  7. 87sammy

87sammy

You have a PM.
  8. REKCUT

REKCUT SILVER Star

How much?
  9. 40Flipper

40Flipper The Bar Whisperer SILVER Star

You need to post a price even for eBay items
  10. Cruiserhead05

Sorry, I checked the Rules and Guidelines prior to posting and didn't get the impression Ebay items needed a price, but rather simply a link to the auction, since price will be determined by the bidders.

Copy and pasted:
    "4> PRICES are required...if you are selling it here, POST A PRICE...if you want people to bid on it, post it on EBay and link it here...."
  11. DBrown2

DBrown2

Post the direct link to pics, since your ad... Is so jacked up on uploading the pics.

Nice ride.

12. Cruiserhead05

13. Cruiserhead05

Reserve being lowered.

Offers considered.
  14. Zimm

Zimm  

sweet rig. wish it was a 5 speed.
  15. Cruiserhead05

You and I both.

Proffitt's has actually not done a 4bt/ 5-speed in an 80 series yet.

It is a tight fit, and while very cool, I couldn't justify the Extra $2000 of the 5-speed vs. automatic. Also, when it comes to wheeling, the diesel and auto make the truck very point-and-shoot
  16. SHREG

SHREG

How about a range. What do ya have to have for it?

Great lookin rig....have always wanted a Dizzle 80
  17. Cruiserhead05

Well, for what it's worth, a guy from california contacted proffitt's directly to see what they thought it was worth and get an unbiased opinion. They said 25-30k, so i've placed reserve accordingly.

BTW, thanks for the compliment
  18. nicholas

nicholas

I thought I would find the owner here, this rig sure made me excited when I saw it on ebay. I sure wish I had the cash. Best of luck with the sale.
  19. 87sammy

87sammy

Contacting the company who did the work to your Cruiser, and whose livelihood depends on converting Cruisers to Diesel's would be an incredibility biased opinion.
  20. nicholas

nicholas

It's not difficult to look up on their site to see what they charge for the conversion which is a minimum of 20K plus whatever the 80 is worth. So it is a relatively unbiased opinion because their livelyhood does not depend on the sale of this cruiser. They made their money when they installed it.