For Sale 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier - NC Registered/CO Located (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Due to some over all lifestyle changes and the need for additional capital, I am in the process of changing up the vehicles I own. Plus I have vehicular ADD…I have also just listed my 2011 F250 for sale on the board.

I have sold a few vehicles on here and I hope that some folks on this board can speak for me and this cruiser. I'm sure I will regret this later…

The title pretty much speaks for itself and I am sure everyone is aware of what this vehicle is and the rarity. Relevant information is below, but please don’t hesitate to ask questions or contact me, however for the sake of this thread, please let's not turn this into an importation discussion. The vehicle is here and registered, please appreciate it for what it is.

Cruiser: 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier w/ 150k miles (actual odo is in KM ~240k)

Origin: AUS (RHD)

Price: $24,000 / Will Consider Trades

Location: Boulder, CO (NC titled and registered - I recently move back home to CO, can get it titled here if important)

Delivery: Willing to Ship at Buyers Expense or Could Help with Delivery

Contact Info: PM

Picture Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCMiD5sG4vpWztgE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Video Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCJvP6I-1ttiDqQE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Reference Thread: https://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers/700134-continuing-troopy-legacy.html

Here Are Some Highlights:

Stock Strong Running 1HZ Diesel (maintenance within last 3 years includes top end rebuild, new gaskets, timing belt, radiator, etc.)
H55F Five Speed
Factory A/C
Factory Dual Fuel Tanks (~40 gallon capacity, fully functioning)
Factory Snorkel with 7" Pre Cleaner
Factory (ARB) Front Bumper
Warn Zeon 10s Winch with Synthetic Line (installed 6 months ago)
OME Heavy/Heavy Suspension (installed 6 months ago)
Factory 70 Series Wheels (5) (installed 6 months ago)
255/85R16 Maxxis Big Horn (5) (installed 6 months ago)
IBS Dual Battery System
Die Hard Platinum Group 31 Battery (installed 6 months ago)
Custom Rear Tire Carrier Built by Hardline Fabrication
Hilift Jack
Mastercraft Baja RS Suspension Seats (3) (installed 6 months ago)
Interior Sound Deadened With Damplifier Pro from Second Skin Audio
Custom ABS Plastic Side and Rear Door Panels
HZJ79 Side Mirrors
New Sun Visors
New Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge
TruckLite LED Headlight
10" LED Light Bars (2, wired to dash)
LED Interior Lights and Dash Bulbs
LED Reverse Lights
Removed Old Headliner (currently bare metal, needs new liner or paint)
Front Axle Rebuilt
New Brake Lines
New Wiper Motor, Linkage and Arms
Solid Frame with No Rust
Rust Repair to Rain Gutters
Small Amount of Rust in Drive Floorboard (see pictures)
Fan Clutch Needs Rebuilt
1HZ FSM
Factory Owners Manual
I'm sure I am forgetting some things

Summary:

This is an awesome cruiser - everything works as it should or better, it always starts up (preheat light works), runs strong and is a blast to drive. I drove it ~1,500 miles from NC to CO and then took it to Moab for CM. As you can see there has been a lot of work done on it by reputable shops and has great aftermarket improvements. I believe that some of the guys in ONSC and others can vouch for this cruiser. I have been able to source parts with a little bit of effort and have contacts to pass along. Unfortunately, given the current situation is CO, I just wanted to say there is no flood damage.

Pictures: More in Link Above

Troopy%2520Pictures-1.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-11.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-14.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-16.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-29.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-6.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-7.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-4.jpg

Troopy%2520Pictures-36.jpg

Last edited:
Great conversation gentleman! Thanks for the positive comments.

I am cool with all posts in the thread. I appreciate having a chance to own an awesome vehicle that causes some healthy debates...

remember these comments come from someone with a generic 94 80 series and a 74 40. he is not one to judge the value of unique cruisers.

I wish my 80 was generic so much so that I grabbed a generic one to romance the stocker/generic days of good mpg and handling... ;). And my 40 has a good ol' F and 3spd !!! ........that's damn unique these days ;). Just wait til I get my h55f -"5 on the tree" !!

Edited old lines to get this baby sold for top dollar! All vintage troopies are the top body styles Toyota penned imho.

Last edited:
:lol:
your humor is a relief in these days of PC crap.
may your 80 live to be 700K old and may your 40 retain its 3 spd originality.
(personally, i enjoyed my 71 FJ40 as much as i do my 70 series ragtop)

I wish my 80 was generic so much so that I grabbed a generic one to romance the stocker/generic days ofgood mpg and handling....

:lol: Yeah, right. Went from 12 to 8-big deal. :D

OP, there's a canadian fellow who recently posted in the forums looking for a Troopy. Apparently the RHD is a problem for insurance in his region, but it might be worthwhile contacting him. Hell, if I could afford a Troopy I wouldn't worry about any freakin' insurance.

this one is RHD
and yes, insurance is a bugger here in Ontario for RHD vehicles.
i will be getting a troopie one day for my retirement traveling vehicle ... i have a customers unit sitting here and, well, it is huge but so practical. i fell in love.

What is the insurance industries reasoning behind the dislike of RHD vehicles?
I have insured quite a few RHD vehicles and the insurance company I use never even mentioned the placement of the steering wheel.

the issue isn't with the RHD, the issue is with the ICBC report of 2008. it is a fraudulant report that caused issues and ripples that have flowed down the years.
we had a indepentant report that would have repuditated this ICBC BS claims but sadly the gent that has the document has decided to sit on it for going on 6 years now.

i, along with a couple others, started IVOAC.ca to fight this problem back in 2008. we won the battle but lost the war ... mostly because of this very document.

CCMTA is the umbrella organization that the MVOC has been using to cause the issue with RHD vehicles in Canada as well as the insurance issue in ontario, problems in Alberta, issues in Sask and the banning of the RHD in Quebec completely.

don't fear though, once the numbers of 25 year old imports increase in the States, you too will enjoy the wrath of the Big 4 against the RHD vehicles in your own State ...

don't fear though, once the numbers of 25 year old imports increase in the States, you too will enjoy the wrath of the Big 4 against the RHD vehicles in your own State ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps you are correct but I would point out that I reside in a Southern State which historically doesn't have a close relation with the Federal Government and their legions of lobbyist.

Man, i'd love to own this.. I heard if it comes in as a diplomat vehicle they weren't allowed to sell it. My worry would be once i got it back to good ol' Kalifornia.. they'll smash it and i'll be out the denero. Anybody have any insight to this?

Granted California is the State the other 49 deny knowing but even they shouldn't have an issue with a vehicle that is legally titled and registered in another State. :)

The south is about 25 years behind in a lot things, so I think rhd will be safe for a while.

You do realize Florida is NOT the South. :D
Not that I argue with your premise.

It's funny you say that. I agree 100%. Florida is the wannabe south....more or less. Really depends where you are. Sarasota is a pretty progressive city but go east of the 75 and further to Arcadia, you are in the south. Florida has pockets.

As for California, I think the biggest issue would be emissions. I believe they still have emissions on diesels like Colorado even if 25 years old. If not I stand corrected, but I don't think it would be crushed since this cruiser is legally imported.

75% of it I would agree....the other 25%...remember the previous thread squeal like a pig...we have it here too. Don't venture too far out in the ever glades.

Anyways, sorry for stealing your thread shellb. Went completely off topic...although I think your cruiser came from Miami so same area at least!

Edit. Just to add. When I went to high school (not too long ago only a decade) it wasn't uncommon for kids to have rifles in their trucks in case they needed to shoot a boar on their property on their way home from school.

California only smogs 1997 and newer OBD11 vehicles that are diesel...

Nice truck well worth the asking price as I stated before.

Question about the led headlights. How do you like them and how do they perform in comparison to halogens?

Nice truck well worth the asking price as I stated before.

Question about the led headlights. How do you like them and how do they perform in comparison to halogens?

Good question! For me they really are a no-brainer as far as performance and ease of install. They are literally 5min plug and play to install and the light output is amazing. Check the link for some pre/post pictures (https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=8395562&postcount=21). I believe that they have to be pretty comparable to halogens regarding light. Here is another reference thread over on portal. (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/75430-TruckLite-s-Newest-LED-headlights).

The two potential downsides are (1) the cost and (2) they don't heat up, so there is likely to be some snow/ice build up during the winter months in colder climates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom