1991 LOW IDLE/RUNS ROUGH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In 2013 I got a new cat back system (2 new cats/new mid pipe/new tail pipe/old muffler) from a NOVA reputable exhaust shop (Roberts custom exhaust)
He did a great job but when the work was done he did tell me it was running rough (I never noticed before) and to get it checked it before it clogs the new cats. After VA emissions failed in 2014 I replaced the EGR valve and it ran like a champ. Now in 2015 it's running low idle (around the 4-5 line RPM). In the past 3 years I've gone through around 3 or 4 advanced auto EFI relays.
So I get stuck on a mud pit, leave the truck running as to not get mud in the exhaust, but 15 minutes before I'm rescued the truck dies. I swap in an old relay (it is noticeably discolored black) and it starts right up and I get pulled out and make it home. After cleaning the truck up I continue to drive on my normal commutes and even wheel it a little. By this time I'm fed up with the low idle so I go and buy another advanced auto relay and swap it out and now the truck cranks and cranks but no turn over. I buy another one from car quest, same problem. I go back to the old discolored black relay and it starts right up but still rough.
So my question is
WHY WONT THE TRUCK TAKE A NEW EFI RELAY?!
IS IT POSSIBLE MUD GOT INTO THE EXHAUST AND MADE THE O2 sensors DIE?!
keep in mind the truck is drivable
I have put dialectic grease in the EFI fuse ports with the new relays and still doesn't work
and there is no check engine light on when driving
when a new EFI relay is in, there in NO cel with the key in ACC position before starting up

Any help would be great
Thanks

Problem has not been solved.
Changed fuel pump and engine coolant temp sensor. didn't change fuel sock
NO check engine light
Help

Check all your vacuum hoses for the low idle. As for why it wont start, the aftermarket relay internals could be different. I would get a OEM relay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom