1989 Timing Belt Install Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cam cog mark has rotated in the down position I don't remember which way it rotated when disassembling....which way should I rotate it to align to the marks clockwise or counter clockwise or does it matter. Will the valves make contact with the pistons on either rotation , and is one rotation a full cycling of the valves on one side of the engine.
What is the torque specs for the cam cog bolt.

When I pulled the crank pulley bolt I am not positive if I over rotated since I used the starter to crack the bolt...if I pull the distributor cap and the rotor is in the #1 position this should be TDC..... correct as long as the cranks marks are aligned. Is the engine supposed to be TDC when all cam and crank marks are aligned.
What is the torque spec for the crank bolt.

The Tbelt is marked left cam and right cam which is which .....PSide left or right DSide left or right.

Cam mark nerds to be at too was centre otherwise you'll have starting problems. Put the crank pulley back in. Make sure it's straight up as well.

I know the cam marks have to point up to their perspective marks on the head what I need to know before I do any damage to the valves will rotating the cam belt cog 180 degrees do any damage and which way should I rotate to avoid valve contact.

The 3VZ is not an interference engine.

A factory service manual would make this project go much easier.

Yeh I wished I had one I have every Landcruiser FSM but the truck thing is new to me.
Hopefully this is the only big fix I will have to do since this is only my DD to work not like my cruisers which see a mix of trail time and adventure.
Most things are kind of second nature to me mechanically but the V6 is not my comfort zone as the diesels and straight 6ers in the cruisers are for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom