For Sale 1988 Toyota Xtra cab 4X4 22re 5-Speed - Dallas /Fort Worth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1988 Toyota Xtra Cab 4X4 5-speed truck with 218,000 miles. For a 28 year old vehicle it is in very good shape with no significant rust. I got the truck in a trade where I put up a 1997 Lexus LX450 and I got the truck and some cash in return. Looking to sell the truck after recently purchasing a 2016 Ram Power Wagon. I also have picked up another LX450 so I think I am good to thin the herd.

Paint was done a couple of owners ago. Holding up ok. Clear coat is flaking a bit on the top of the cab and the driver's fender.

Engine is a 22RE. Had the timing chain replaced within the last 1,000 miles using quality parts purchased from 22REperformance.com. Timing set was Japanese made OSK. Had a new timing cover installed as well. Also had the engine tuned up using all Toyota parts (plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, hoses, belts, thermostat, valve cover rubber washers, PCV valve and PCV grommet, and air filter). Water pump was replaced right after I took possession a few years ago with a new Toyota pump.

Other recent work included replacing the exhaust manifold gasket as it had a leak. While I was there I replaced the exhaust manifold with a new Toyota manifold. Also replaced the donut gaskets that seal the manifold to the exhaust pipe.

When I initially got the truck I replaced the tie rods, idler arm, and other front end bits. there is a little play in the steering but it could probably be adjusted out. It's never bothered me enough to do it.

Overall, the truck runs and drives really well. Tranny shifts nicely through all the gears. Engine starts right up and pulls surprisingly well. 4x4 works fine. I've never taken the truck offroad, only engaging 4 wheel drive when we had snow a couple years ago. I have to say the truck did really well although a little weight in the best helps a lot.

Everything works except for the speedometer cable. I do have a new toyota cable that goes with the truck. All other accessories work. Even the little button that let's you start the truck without the clutch engaged. Radio is decent.

Interior is in decent shape. Seat is a little worn. Carpet and headliner are in good shape with no tears or holes.

Price is $4,750 OBO.

IMG_5983-L.jpg

IMG_5980-L.jpg

IMG_5982-L.jpg

IMG_5981-L.jpg

IMG_5988-L.jpg

IMG_5990-1-L.jpg

IMG_5989-1-L.jpg

IMG_5996-L.jpg

IMG_5997-L.jpg

IMG_5689-L.jpg

IMG_6189-1-L.jpg

IMG_6188-1-L.jpg

IMG_6187-1-L.jpg

IMG_6190-L.jpg

IMG_5959-M.jpg

IMG_5960-L.jpg

IMG_5965-L.jpg

IMG_6192-1-L.jpg

IMG_6194-1-L.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions. This is a reliable truck that has a lot of character and charm. If I didn't have this new vehicle I would definitely hang on to it. It was my dream truck in high school and it is a lot of fun to drive.

Last edited:
I would'nt mind having a mini again

Nice one !
Even nicer With a solid front axle !

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom