1988 FJ62 Engine Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doing a little cleaning still today. Hopefully pickup up the 3FE from the machine shop tomorrow.

26238803695_d5846df9bb_b.jpg

Hi mate, totally off topic. but what size lift, tyres, and rims do you have? I'm looking to upgrade mine, and i really like the stance of yours,
thanks in advance

I'm on my second set of 31/1050s...it's a great size for a stockish 60/62. 33s would work, but might be asking for some gears if you are going to be doing many grades. Does your rig have the auto still? I know my 4 speed 62 has some git-up that would not be so pronounced with bigger meats...

@FJ40Jim

The engine builder said that the exhaust valves were all rusted badly causing them not to bed able to seat. Put all new valves in ground the seats as well as new .020 over pistons and all new bearings. Super excited to get it all back together!!!

@FJ40Jim

The engine builder said that the exhaust valves were all rusted badly causing them not to bed able to seat. Put all new valves in ground the seats as well as new .020 over pistons and all new bearings. Super excited to get it all back together!!!
That seems legit, especially if the truck had set a while before you bought it and the valves were in need of adjustment.

STAB IT ALREADY!!!

I'll throw this out there...if you are prefitting hose clamps and stuff outside the engine bay, make they are oriented in a direction that can be accessed later on when all that s*** on the 3FE is stuff inside....especially anything on the front side.

I'll be watching to see how it feels driving after the rebuild. Does anyone make an aftermarket cam for more low end torque for these things? That's really my only complaint...well, that and the fact that when I'm cruising at speed and hit any kind of incline. It can't keep its speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom