Builds 1987 fj60 12h-t h55f conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A coworker of mine told me his friend is selling his cruiser. Going to look at it tomorrow what do you guys thinks its worth? 1987 Fj60 two owner this guy has had it 8yrs. 140k miles stock carb, a/c works etc. Local truck so NO rust original paint. Sorry for the neck pain.

downsize_2.jpg

downsize.jpg

if its clean and no rust I would say 5k

downsize_2_zps8e2d5fcc.jpg

downsize_zps8670f28d.jpg

Yeah I'd say 5k to 6k depending on condition of tires, last oil change, does the winch work, paint condition, etc.

She's mine! My first 60! Got a ton of spare parts, original front bumper, original sales receipt from 87. Even had a new fuel tank installed at Toyota two years ago along with a bunch of other parts. A lot of good parts here, part out?

IMAG1524.jpg

IMAG1523.jpg

IMAG1522.jpg

IMAG1521.jpg

IMAG1520.jpg

IMAG1519.jpg

IMAG1518.jpg

IMAG1517.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o271/roma042987/IMAG1535.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o271/roma042987/IMAG1534.jpg

IMAG1533.jpg

IMAG1531.jpg

IMAG1532.jpg

IMAG1529.jpg

IMAG1530.jpg

IMAG1528.jpg

congrats on the purchase. What plans you have for it?

Thanks! Im certainly going to keep it. It will be a commuter since I only live 5 miles from work. Found the owners manual in the glove box and a gas log kept by both owners from 1987 up until 500 miles ago! Oh almost forgot got this thing for 3k! I didn't have the heart to even offer less than he was asking, super nice guy. I can't believe how complete this is all five matching wheels, factory tool roll, jack etc. And how cool is this.

IMAG1535.jpg

Good price. I would not do a thing to it. Just drive it. It's fairly low miles and they run a long time. I just bought one from the original owner with 313,000 miles. With regular repairs they will run a long time. Again congratsp

Great Deal, looks like a nice unmolested rig. I would clean her up and catch up on the PM if needed. Congrats

I dont plan on doing much to it. I just got my 40 put back together from a body off. It will mainly alleviate the 40's daily driver duties and i also have a 6x12 car trailer that needs a better tow rig than the 40. It has a bit of an exhaust leak and leaky valve cover gasket. Belts and hoses have been replaced. I will replace the valve cover gasket, adjust the valves, relace the spark plugs with some new ngk plugs and dump the fluids this week as well as some new tires. I may even do a desmog, i have a spare plug kit from JimC laying around. Other than that just drive it. Im actually happy with gearing on this thing the 3.70 gears work well with the 4spd and slightly bigger tires will drop the revs even more. Can you run a 33x10.5 on the 60 series trucks with out a lift?

You were robbed.

Now sell it to me. :grinpimp:

:cheers:

Wow, in Australia there are hardly any petrol 60's left.
Good kms for age and it looks pretty straight, I thought the '87 was first if the square headlights?

Because the petrol landcruisers are so unsuited and unsuccessful in Australia this would probably be worth $2000 over here, if it was diesel though maybe $5-$8k.

Still there's not much stronger than a 60 in the world be it petrol or diesel.

Congrats on the purchase.

Nice Score!!!

Warn 8274 plus orig WARN FJ60 bumper....Wow!!! :D

Thanks I know right!

Ngk plugs and wires Toyota cap and rotor button and a hot valve adjustment. Runs Soo much better. I was surprised at how clean the valvetrain is with absolutely no sludge.

IMAG1549.jpg

IMAG1550.jpg

Jumping right in for those two rear valves

IMAG1548.jpg

Found an exhaust leak at the air rail.

IMAG1551.jpg

That valve cover leak may not be coming from the valve cover . There is a really small oil port plug about 2/3 the way down the head on the passenger side. Check that area out and if the oil seems to be coming from that area you may want to get it fixed. Many a cruiser has had an engine fail because of that little plug. If it lets go while on the highway you can pump out your oil before you know it. Most of the guys I know drill that out and tap it to put a pipe plug in instead of a pressed in plug . Just an FYI.

Dean

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Thanks I have dealt with that plug on an fj62 on which I did a head gasket job. When it arrived from the cylinder head shop it was missing and I didn't notice until after start up. Thanks for reminding me to check this one I will certainly remove the plug and tap/plug it. Engine certainly needs resealed on this thing due to its age. I'm debating on going through all the seals, rear main, timing cover, side cover, oil pan etc. But I would really like to drive it a bit more to get aquainted with this engine.

I installed some 31x10.5 a/t's on it today that I had sitting around and changed the trans, transfer,front, and rear diff fluids. It rides much better with the new tires and looks better as well. Next I would like to do something with the exhaust leak at the air rail. I'm considering desmoging but don't really want to spend any money on the distributer recurve and carb job to do it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom