eBay 1985 FJ60- Albuquerque NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my 1985 FJ60. I have owned it for about 4 years, and am the third owner. It has spent its entire life in New Mexico, and is rust free. I have done extensive interior and exterior work to it, as listed below. ODO read 242k when I purchased it, and I have only put about 5000 miles in it since then- mostly used on road, weekends, carting around my Great Dane.

Interior:
- Pioneer CD/MP3/Bluetooth stereo, with new speakers
- Electronic mirror with backup camera
- New carpet, with dynamat below
- New headliner, with dynamat above
- new door cards
- Center console, with drink holders
- Recovered seats in black leather
- Spray in liner in rear cargo area
- Wagongear rear side panels (wagongear.com)
- 2 12 volt outlets in cargo area
- Grey dash cap
- Original tool kit

Exterior:
- Significant mechanical maintenance- too long to list. The only thing not currently working is the cruise control. It is on its second 2f engine. I was told the rebuilt one was installed about 90 thousand miles ago.
- Rebuilt 4x4 knuckles
- Old Man Emu suspension
- New Exhaust, routed tailpipe to drivers side for increased clearance
- FJ62 mirrors
- New Red paint (Maaco, don't get too excited) a couple of years ago. A few spots scratched to the primer- and a number of dings and dents. I had it painted because the roof had faded and been sand blasted to the white primer when I purchased it, but did not do any body work.
- Added second battery under hood and installed secondary switch in dash for use with auto off.

I have invested a significant amount of money in this FJ60, but need to make space in the garage for other projects. I am hoping to sell this to someone familiar with older Landcruisers- they are great vehicles and very collectable, but it is a 30 year old SUV, and I would not recommend purchasing unless you have a firm understanding of the "relationship" you are committing to!

I have set the starting price @ $4000, with no reserve. Happy bidding!

Toyota: Land Cruiser

I'm interested. I'm up near Santa Fe. I'd like to come take a look at it. Are you available this weekend?

Howdy - I am in town (Nob Hill/ABQ) through Friday, flying out on Saturday AM. Any chance of meeting Friday? I could park it outside if not, so you could at least do a visual.

**Re-listing due to ebay bidder non-performance**

Toyota: Land Cruiser

Selling my 1985 FJ60. I have owned it for about 4 years, and am the third owner. It has spent its entire life in New Mexico, and is rust free. I have done extensive interior and exterior work to it, as listed below. ODO read 242k when I purchased it in December of 2012, and I have only put about 2000 miles in it since then- mostly used on road, on weekends, carting around my Great Dane.

Interior:
• JVC CD/MP3/Bluetooth stereo, with new speakers
• Clifford Alarm, with remote door locks
• Electronic rear-view mirror with backup camera
• New carpet, with Dynamat below
• New headliner, with Dynamat above
• New door cards
• Front center console, with drink holders
• Recovered seats in charcoal gray leather
• LineX lined in rear cargo area • Wagongear rear side panels- right and left (wagongear.com)
• 2 12 volt outlets in rear cargo area
• Grey dash cap- crack @ Instrument panel (dash underneath cracked)
• Original tool bag (see pics)

Exterior:
Over $13k in mechanical maintenance. The only things not currently working are the cruise control and front headlight washers.

New Red paint (Maaco- functional, but don't get too excited!) a couple of years ago. A few spots since scratched to the primer and a number of small dings and dents. I had the original roof rack removed, and painted because the roof had faded and been sand/sun blasted to the white primer when I purchased it. I also added used larger FJ62 mirrors.

It is on its second 2f engine. I was told the rebuilt one was installed shortly before my purchase, and had about 90,xxx miles on it prior. Valves have been adjusted and compression tests on cyls listed at: 135, 120, 125, 125, 130, 140

Additionally:
• Newer 31” Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires (older but workable spare)
• Rebuilt 4x4 knuckles
• New Exhaust, routed tailpipe to drivers side for increased clearance
• Added second battery under hood and installed secondary switch in dash for use with auto off.
• Carburetor overhaul
• New catalytic converter, exhaust, muffler
• Brake Master cylinder replaced
• Rebuild front knuckles, new wheel bearings, new seals
• Rebuild front steering linkages, new rod ends, new drag link
• Old Man Emu Steering Damper Kit installed
• Rear transfer case gasket, new mount
• New KYB shocks (front)
• Removed and cleaned rear leaf springs, new bushings
• Used rear sway bar installed
• New rear wheel seals, shoes
• Re-manufactured power steering pump installed
• Alignment completed

Link to video walkaround here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApHkl7-yN5dntVZwlJZ2sPaSQo6l

Many supporting receipts available in pdf upon request.

I have invested a significant amount of money in this FJ60, but need to make space in the garage for other projects. I am hoping to sell this to someone familiar with older Landcruisers. They are great vehicles and very collectible, but it is a 30 year old SUV, and I would not recommend bidding or purchasing unless you have a firm understanding of the "relationship" you are committing to!

I have set the starting price @ $6000, well under the non performing buyer’s bid with no reserve, and have a “buy it now” price of $10,000. Happy bidding!

I bid on this truck the first time on eBay after going to the trouble of having a friend of a friend inspect it personally. And according to him it is as seller describes. I was ready to buy and even offered the seller the opportunity to negotiate right then for a sale. He declined and opted for eBay process.

eBay listing was fishy. I've bought tons of stuff on eBay and this smelled terribly of artificial / friend bidding in order to increase the sale price. Last few mins of auction the price shot up drastcially and every bid I entered was outbid no matter the increment. Hours after the auction needed with someone else winning, I get a 2nd chance offer at my last bid price of $7100. I declined, but offered a lower price that reflected my suspicions about the bid process. Seller declined the offer.

Im not posting out of malice, but do think my experience needs to be shared to other mud members. The Truck does appear to be legit. But...Proceed with caution.

I bid on this truck the first time on eBay after going to the trouble of having a friend of a friend inspect it personally. And according to him it is as seller describes. I was ready to buy and even offered the seller the opportunity to negotiate right then for a sale. He declined and opted for eBay process.

eBay listing was fishy. I've bought tons of stuff on eBay and this smelled terribly of artificial / friend bidding in order to increase the sale price. Last few mins of auction the price shot up drastcially and every bid I entered was outbid no matter the increment. Hours after the auction needed with someone else winning, I get a 2nd chance offer at my last bid price of $7100. I declined, but offered a lower price that reflected my suspicions about the bid process. Seller declined the offer.

Im not posting out of malice, but do think my experience needs to be shared to other mud members. The Truck does appear to be legit. But...Proceed with caution.

Yep, happened just as NTSAINT described. I think you can look at the bidding history on the original auction to verify. The truck is legit, and I'd like to get it sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom