1984 BJ42LX in Dublin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great looking bike, love the paint, don't see that colour too much over here, have an 07 1200GS myself , hard to beat the thump of the boxer engine!!!
Working overseas until next week, will post a few pics when i get back. How is your 40 getting along?

just did an up date in "BJ42 tidy up" post, learning how little I know:confused: Have done a heap of rides round Australia most recent was Tasmania.
Spent the week just riding & sight seeing great place for riding:) Have fun. Cheers

Not a lot to report really, front bib and bezel now finished, just the door rubbers and slider rubbers to fit now, interior still needs work but taking her back next week.

In last photo, the young pretender waits patiently for its ancestor to vacate the paint booth!!!!

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

There you go as promised, my GS 1200,

image[16].jpeg

just did an up date in "BJ42 tidy up" post, learning how little I know:confused: Have done a heap of rides round Australia most recent was Tasmania.
Spent the week just riding & sight seeing great place for riding:) Have fun. Cheers

image[13].jpeg

Some bad photos of seats back in LC, just the weatherstripping left now.

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

Working overseas this past week or so, haven't seen a 40 in 5 days, then like the buses, they all come at once, spotted 3 in five minutes!!!!
The green one is a FJ 40, reckon he needs to check his tracking, see spare tyre?
Guessing the other two are petrol as well as its so cheap over here.

IMG_1982.JPG

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_1986.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

IMG_1989.JPG

On the way back from body shop this morning, well pleased , waiting on mirrors. Guess my Landy is going to be second best from now on.
Will post some more later.

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

Information needed please. Has anyone any idea what model LC these are from, that is, assuming they are from a LC??.
They came with it unfitted, but PO has no idea what they come off.
As you can see, they have a strap that is basically threaded into the seat cover staples with a hook on the other end that hooks the catcher on top of the back rest.
Can anyone tell me where to get the proper retaining strap and how and what it is attached to?

Many thanks

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

Hey Frank, the Rig looks great! Wish I could help with the seats but still a newbie myself:confused: have been getting a bit of movement with my own just hoping it looks half as good as yours:clap: Going for a ride up to Canberra soon on my F800, would have loved to drive up in my rig buty I'm still a fair way off. Cheers

Hi ,

No problem, I am sure some members will have the answer, thanks anyway. Looks like you are getting well into it. Only reason I got it done quick was by using expert body shop, no way I would have as far as you by myself?
Enjoy the ride up to Canberra. I am overseas all week and into next week , so haven't seen my rig or GS in over ten days. Spotted this two tone in POS Trinidad this week, a lot of the guys out here seem to use a double front bumper as well?
All the best.

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

Been away a while mate. The 42 looks so good! That rear seat strap question of yours can be answered here: HJ47 troop carrier

Hope you're enjoying the rig mate. Lots of effort has gone in, time to enjoy! You're going to paint that rear hub black right..? :)

Been away a while mate. The 42 looks so good! That rear seat strap question of yours can be answered here: HJ47 troop carrier

Hope you're enjoying the rig mate. Lots of effort has gone in, time to enjoy! You're going to paint that rear hub black right..? :)

Re painting the hub black, I am now :doh:, never noticed until you pointed t out, thanks for the heads up on straps, exactly what I need:beer:

Looks minty fresh:clap: Excellent job! Just dropped off front seats to Auto Trimmer hope to have back in a week or so. Bit O Luck
he still had same colour in stock. Got to love a hoarder. Rig looks really great, hope your having a great time turning heads Cheers

Great reading on your BJ42LX.

They are getting good $$$$ here in Australia now and recently a few 40's have been stolen. Not sure on LX's or not but know one LX that went missing.

I have a 84 FJ40LX that goes along really well. I am building a 40 so great to see the works going on with yours. I still have that ahead of me.

The rear seats are hard to come by, I had to purchase a whole rusted car to get my last single rear seat and then another one for the seatbelt and strap that holds it up allowing easy access to the other seats through the back doors. Yes we have discussed making some fabric many times, will probably happen one day. I was lucky in that the LX's I parted out had okay seats and I kept a swab for me as my seat bottom has a large tear in there so I plan on swapping that out at some stage.

Here's a pic of my LX, 416 beige. Great condition except for a bit of rust in the lower back panel beside the ambulance doors and a broken slave cylinder that I have a replacement part for just no time at the moment. I run the old school ARB bar as these have become popular again here going for $600 min when they pop up for sale.

IMG_4099.JPG

The windscreen bonnet brackets weren't on Aussie 40's from the late 70 early 80's. I have a 1982 FJ40 (the yellow thing in that photo) and that didn't have them and most of the other 81-onward ones I have seen have not have them. 40's up to 79 that I have seen have them. The windscreen still has the bracket there so you can put the bracket on the bonnet if you want to.

Here's another BJ42LX (the small yellow one closest to the camera) that I stored for a mate. Running 31's and very standard, MY LX (with old bar) on 33's and my yellow thing on 35's. He sold that for over $35,000AU several years ago now.
IMG_2284.JPG

Great reading on your BJ42LX.

They are getting good $$$$ here in Australia now and recently a few 40's have been stolen. Not sure on LX's or not but know one LX that went missing.

I have a 84 FJ40LX that goes along really well. I am building a 40 so great to see the works going on with yours. I still have that ahead of me.

The rear seats are hard to come by, I had to purchase a whole rusted car to get my last single rear seat and then another one for the seatbelt and strap that holds it up allowing easy access to the other seats through the back doors. Yes we have discussed making some fabric many times, will probably happen one day. I was lucky in that the LX's I parted out had okay seats and I kept a swab for me as my seat bottom has a large tear in there so I plan on swapping that out at some stage.

Here's a pic of my LX, 416 beige. Great condition except for a bit of rust in the lower back panel beside the ambulance doors and a broken slave cylinder that I have a replacement part for just no time at the moment. I run the old school ARB bar as these have become popular again here going for $600 min when they pop up for sale.

View attachment 1335202

The windscreen bonnet brackets weren't on Aussie 40's from the late 70 early 80's. I have a 1982 FJ40 (the yellow thing in that photo) and that didn't have them and most of the other 81-onward ones I have seen have not have them. 40's up to 79 that I have seen have them. The windscreen still has the bracket there so you can put the bracket on the bonnet if you want to.

Here's another BJ42LX (the small yellow one closest to the camera) that I stored for a mate. Running 31's and very standard, MY LX (with old bar) on 33's and my yellow thing on 35's. He sold that for over $35,000AU several years ago now.
View attachment 1335209

Hi there,
Thank you for your comments.
Wow, you have some stuff going on!!! Great threads , would love to have a fraction of your storage space!!!!
Great to see your LX in 416 Beige as I was thinking of panting mine that colour at one stage, but stayed with original white mainly because of budget to be honest.
I am resigned to not been able to get the original back seats at this stage, very very unlikely that I will get them in Europe and and not sure it would be viable to ship from Aus if I sourced a set? To be honest, apart from the originality aspect, I don't think they are that practical for access, especially as my friends are of a certain vintage and stature !!!!!!!. I had a 42 in the early 80's and my shin bones were black and blue from hitting the back bumpers to get in the back :crybaby: Kinda like the space in the cargo bay as well
I know what you mean about value, the guys in the body shop told me that at least 5 customers asked them to enquire would I sell it, told them not to give out my number as I had no intention of selling it , this is a keeper for me (all going well) and I am enjoying every minute of driving one again after over 30 years!!

Is you yellow soft top an LX as well, noticed the 3 wipers?
Keep in touch
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom