1984 BJ42LX in Dublin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats looking great cant wait to seen the finished product. You got to love it when you find things like that. When I bought my 71 model which is almost finished its resto we found the original owners manual in it.

View attachment 1303646

Thanks Ken, getting there little by little . Great to have original manuals, see people looking for crazy money for them, personally I think it should go with the vehicle when sold, guess my PO did just that assuming he knew it was under the carpet :);)

Quick question,

LX badge orientation :
Mine came reading LX LC on passenger side, the LX was also to the front on the drivers side reading LC LX. Any opinion on this , should both sides read LX LC or visa versa ?

Thank you.

From what I believe the LX badges on the drivers side of a RHD should be between the Toyota Lancruiser badge and the front bib and on the passenger side it should be between the Toyota Landcuriser badge and the cowl. Hope this helps. Pics taken from another site.

Drivers Side LX.jpg
Passenger Side LX.jpg

From what I believe the LX badges on the drivers side of a RHD should be between the Toyota Lancruiser badge and the front bib and on the passenger side it should be between the Toyota Landcuriser badge and the cowl. Hope this helps. Pics taken from another site.

View attachment 1303930 View attachment 1303931
Thanks Ken, so I guess thats the way they came out of the factory and others just want uniformity with the LX on the bib side? Off to check that slider channel width now, fingers crossed that its not an odd width?

Panic over with the slider weatherstrip sizing, it fits perfectly.

Question:
As I don't have the original back seats and very unlikely to get them anytime soon, I see no point in trying to source an OEM holder as it would look odd in the empty cargo floor, thinking of getting the normal jack holder (If I can source one) and position in the standard 40 position.
So far, cannot see any online , are there any other options or bespoke solutions if I cannot source the normal holder?

Also, I have only now realisedthat I don't have the original RH back door, previously, I thought I was just missing the card, obviously now I can see there are no holes for card on this door, must be off different 40:oops::rolleyes: .
Again, any options on getting a replacement card or bespoke solution, not that fussed really and am certainly not going to replace the door jus to get card?

Headliner in great condition, just needs to be refitted in rear corner and a good clean.

Thank you,

699a9397cd0bc365a157ea8e186351f9.png

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

Run it no cards Frank - looks mint and only an LX purist will know, of which you have few.

PS. My girl is in Cork - if she gets into strife [usually self inflicted] she's used to being rescued in a 40 series. Might need to call in a favour.

No problem at all, call in that favour any time,be happy to rescue a damsel in distress or causing distress !!!
If you are over this side of the pond, look me up, you and your girl can go walkabout in the LC for a few days

Done! :cheers:

Brief update, back end painted now, exterior pretty much done except for Bib, weatherstripping still to be done on back sliders, thinking of putting some carpet in the cargo and on wheel wells (Like Gary did) Sourced normal type 40 jack holder which will mount behind the B pillar. Thinking of mounting the jack bars/extensions behind front seats as no room on wheel wells due to trim and jump seats.

IMG_1903.JPG

IMG_1904.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

Trying out some Physics here with vinegar to sort the hard to reach places on jack extension brackets, working great so far

Please remind me not to leave glass on bedside table tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

I'm really not sure about availability of the jack holder....IIRC there was a post in my thread where someone wasn't able to find the part number, no idea if they found the part though.

Hi Guys,
Would you be able to post a picture of the position of the Jack rods bracket position in your LX, I don't have the proper U bracket, but am going to run with what I have for the moment.

Thank you

That is looking great mate. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Gary, yes I understand, I don't have the LX Jack rod, just standard ridgit type. Even if I had the LX rods and jack bracket, it would look odd in the proper position under the rear bench seat as unfortunately I don't have those seats.
Thanks of the heads up, looking at mounting behind front seats as described .:beer:

Good to see a fellow BJ42 Being brought back:clap: Doing a great job there mate. In the middle of my girl getting the attention she needs and your one step ahead. My girl just off to get rid of rust then a new coat of paint. Old Irish Blessing. May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields (Insert "windsheild") Cheers
IMG_7623.JPG

Good to see a fellow BJ42 Being brought back:clap: Doing a great job there mate. In the middle of my girl getting the attention she needs and your one step ahead. My girl just off to get rid of rust then a new coat of paint. Old Irish Blessing. May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields (Insert "windsheild") CheersView attachment 1306214
Hi and thank you for the Irish blessing, problem is, over here we get all those elements in the space of an hour :)
Love the colour of your 42, looks great . The only reason i am ahead is because I have a body shop doing the work, unfortunately, I don't have the skill sets to repair rust and paint to any decent level. Still hope to tinker about myself with the less challenging stuff when I et it back from the shop which should in the next week or so .
Hope it all goes well for you, keep in touch.

Tinkering is half the fun, the rest is frustration:confused: I did notice the body shop was "Duff" soooo that would make for so many obvious jokes I will refrain:) Cheers Pics show pre paint removal & paint removed very happy with condition of panels;)
image1.JPG
image 1a.JPG
image 1a.JPG
image 1a.JPG

Bugger sorry for extra copy pics still getting the hang of it (miss my stone tablet & chisel)
No worries , have only recently moved on to Biro from quill and ink myself!!!!!!
The guys in the paint shop have heard all the jokes, told me not to waste my breath :doh:

Good to see you like the Bavarian kind of motorbikes, have an F800GS myself used it to pick a few parts up a while ago, amazed a few with what you can carry on a bike with a bit of help from Duc tape;)
IMG_6903.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom