1983 bj42 signals ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
We have been looking at the wiring diagram from the toyota shop manual book ''bj4_ up to 1981''
Though I have a 1983, I believe the 1983 may have different colour coded wires used and perhaps the Hazard pull switch is wired differently from the 1981, I happen to have the hazard pull switch from a 1981 for comparison.

This job is rather perplexing ! A friend is an electrician and is taking a good stab at my issues ! So far he has the rear tail lights hazards & brake lights working with the current ''Delemma'' being '' No Signals ''

I think he is of the belief that the Hazard pull switch has something to do with the signals running through it or something to that effect which is why I am asking the masses on Mud !

Perhaps someone knows how to resolve the issue of no turn signals or has the wiring diagram of a 1983 bj42 ???
If someone has this dilemma please chime in !
The roof is off , doors are off and it's sunny and warm out and I can't drive it ! argh !!!

I have a BJ40 series 1981 and later USA & Canada 24V diagram. It's 300Kb which is too big for this forum so I give you a partial.
Send me your email address if you want the full size.
AFAIK is there no newer diagram for the 40 series.
1981 BJ40 series USA & Canada 24V_crop.png

Rudi

I have a BJ40 series 1981 and later USA & Canada 24V diagram. It's 300Kb which is too big for this forum so I give you a partial.
Send me your email address if you want the full size.
AFAIK is there no newer diagram for the 40 series.
View attachment 1299611

Rudi

Rudi
Thanks for your input ! for some reason I have hazards but no signals and when I looked at the wiring diagram like the one you posted the colour of wires were different. I later did a search on mud to find others have had the same experience ! One opened up the signal relay and one of the points was not making contact. HERE IT IS.
Issue with turn signals
It looks like I need to solder a point in the relay if I open it up and thats what it is !
I will look this week some time.
Thanks
Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom