For Sale 1981 BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Y'all,

F.S. 1981 Landcruiser BJ-42 (Diesel) Located in Summerland, B.C.

Please take the time to read this ad before asking questions regarding my Cruiser… Thx.

3B diesel engine, 4 speed trans, lifted on 35" Dick Cepeck Mud Country tires (80%+ tread) with stock springs.

It’s painted the stock colour of Lt. Beige with a matte finish. It runs perfectly, no smoke and has a ton of torque. The disk brakes all around make it stop amazing and it doesn’t pull one way or the other.

The following has been replaced or refurbished within the last 3 years:

Frame, Axles, Undercarriage:

- Replaced the frame, which was sandblasted, metal prepped and coated with POR 15
- Front axle replaced with a cut and turned unit from EBI including larger spring perches. Axle was rebuilt entirely with all new bearings, marlin crawler inner seals, etc
- Rear axle sandblasted and rebuilt. Third member replaced with a unit from the front axle of a BJ42 with only 50,000km on it.
- Locking hubs rebuilt
- OEM axle breathers and extended lines
- 4 wheel disc brakes all around with working e-brake including new master cylinder, brake lines and brake booster from a 60 series Landcruiser
- Factory Toyota BJ42 exhaust installed
- Heavy Duty 4Plus anti-inversion shackles and greasable pins with rubber bushings.
- New fuel tank
- BDS shocks and custom shock hangers

Steering

- Manual steering box from a low mileage unit
- Tie rod ends
- Old Man Emu steering damper to fit OEM location

Drivetrain

- 3B 4 cyl diesel engine rear main seal, oil pan and push rod cover resealed
- Water pump
- Glow plugs
- Ring gear
- 4 speed transmission and transfer case output seals
- Clutch, bearing and clutch slave cylinder
- Speedo cable (including correct markings on the speedometer to reflect the change in speed with the 35" tires
- valve clearance adjustment done
- Racor fuel/water separator installed

Interior

- Heater rebuilt with all new hoses and fittings
- Rear bench seat from a newer jeep including the correct brackets to bolt it to the floor from Teraflex. 3 point seat belts built into the roll cage with proper child seat hooks

Miscellaneous

- Round eye headlights (very bright)
- Brand new windshield
- Have a BFG Mud spare tire mounted on same rim (& spare tire carrier for back)

My intention was to replace the tub and front fenders with aluminum ones, but never got around to it. It’s had steel body panels welded in where old rust used to be. It shows well, but tub still has a few areas that I’d suggest attending to in the future. It’ll need new window/door seals, roof seal, drivers side door lock, headliner and other things if you want it to be a collectors vehicle. The factory hard top is painted the same colour with all glass in good condition. Comes with a bimini soft-top as well. I have two seats from a WRX that will go with the truck (the current ones have been installed temporarily). Our second child is nearly due and we are actively looking for a Diesel 60 series Landcruiser Wagon instead. That’s the only partial trade we’d be interested in. Sad to see it go, but won't be my last Cruiser.

Thanks for reading. $18,000 (CDN) obo

Ad 001.JPG

Ad 002.JPG

Ad 003 Rear.JPG

Ad 004 Front.JPG

Nice truck man thats for sure.

Might be a tad high on the asking price but thats just me.

GLWS

Top resprayed as it didn't match perfectly. All glass and seals are there in good condition.

Yes I am selling the truck just bought it and wife did not agree. It appears Varty Yo makes comments on peoples selling prices. He sent me a comment via Kijiji....I'll apologize if I am wrong. I will post a new listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom