1979 20r vacuum diagram (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody, this is my first post here.

I bought a 1979 Toyota pickup truck for my daughter, and have not been able to sort out the vaccum lines on the 20r engine.

Does anybody know where I can get a detailed vacuum diagram for this vehicle?

Thanks,

Mark

Thats a hard one to find sometimes, as the 79 was only a half year truck.
I`ve only seen the factory manual starting with 1980 and of course they changed the carb and the vacuum lines so the 79 and 80 are not the same.
I think I have a copy of the diagram in one of my tool boxes let me check tomorrow.

79 Truck Vacuum Diagram

Hi Mark, As it happens, I just replaced all my vacuum lines yesterday on my 1979 truck with a 20R. I have the complete set of service manuals for the vehicle, which I bought soon after I bought the truck, c. 1980. In the little book called Toyota 20R Engine Emission Control Repair Manual for USA and Canada, 1979 Model, there is a good pictorial diagram of all the vacuum lines, as well as a schematic diagram. Very useful, and just what you are looking for, I think. I suggest you look for this, and other, repair manuals on line and in this forum. If you cannot find them that way, contact me and I'll try copying the pictorial pages and sending them to you. There are a lot of vacuum lines! I bought 25 feet of the larger size, and came up about a foot and a half short. Good luck! Kingotopanga

here is a 82 california truck.
if yours is california, it'll be real simple, if its federal, you gotta figure out what you dont have. all the california stuff is overkill.
for example a fed truck only has one charchol containister.

just take your time, i think this will get you pointed in the right directuion.
its the closest diagram i have.

82vaccal.gif

Did you ever find the answer? I'm Having the Same Problem..... I love this little truck, But Damn What's with the Spagetti Lines? I have emissions coming up soon so if you found the answer please get to me A.S.A.P. Thank You
Seneca W. Williams I

Did you ever find that emissions booklet??? I've got emissions coming up soon.. It would really help me alot. I bought the 1979 Toyota Pick-Up 20-R 2.2 2wd!!! I need the Vacuum Line Diagram. All my lines are crossed. They were snipped and tied off or had holes and I re-routed them according to the 1982 Diagram wich was of no help!!! Please I'm calling on some one in the world with the answer..
Thankyou
Seneca W. Williams I 08/01/08

Reading through this thread I don't see that anyone has provided the 79 vacuum diagram. Does anyone have one they could share? I see that there is mention of buying a factory service manual that includes the diagrams but, the FSM I have doesn't include emissions.
Thanks,

From the comments above, I believe that's the one I need, unfortunately you'll notice it's currently out of stock. Any other suggestions?

I have my 79 in the back yard but it's been raining all day. I will see if I can get a picture tomorrow. Maybe it will help. I did buy the factory repair manuals for the 79 from Toyota but they are lost in my building somewhere. If the pics do not help I will see if I can dig them out over the holidays.

Try Google Search or TruckManuals.com

Have you tried:
Truckmanuals.com

I usually find them there. They are good with newer models, but worth a shot.

SKEETER @ OFFROADPARTY.COM

Hi everybody, this is my first post here.

I bought a 1979 Toyota pickup truck for my daughter, and have not been able to sort out the vaccum lines on the 20r engine.

Does anybody know where I can get a detailed vacuum diagram for this vehicle?

Thanks,

Mark

Perdue,
I'm currently away from my shop, but I have what you need. My Vacuum Diagram FSM includes 1980. Do you need California?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom