1965 Fj50 hardtop for $60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a 1965 hard top with the guiotine rear door for $60. The top is trashed but the sides and rear are in decent shape and have the hardware on it. One window is cracked but rest are there. Is this something I should jump on? Eventually want a hard top on my 1971 Fj40 but not sure if I can make this fit or just sell and buy a top that will fit.
Thanks, Tom

Sorry. Should read fj40 hard top not fj50 and can't change the heading...

Last edited:
Yes you should buy it. Someone will need it and $60 is cheap enough. The parts for these trucks need to be saved even if you don't need them at the time you find them. Even if you don't always make a profit you will always make a friend by moving these trucks and their parts around.

Get on it tough enough to find someone will trade something you need for it.

Ok, bought the top. Heavier than I thought. Sprayed penetrant lube on all the bolts connecting this together and will take it apart tomorrow. The rear bi-fold door is there but folded up. Will take more pics tomorrow. He also asked me to take a couple five gallon buckets of spare Landcruiser parts and nuts bolts that he has been saving.

image.jpeg

It might be worth more to someone like it sits. I'm not sure I would take it apart especially since it isn't the right top for your truck. Just my opinion. Good find!

It might be worth more to someone like it sits. I'm not sure I would take it apart especially since it isn't the right top for your truck. Just my opinion. Good find!

I will get help to u load it and take some better photos to try and identify it. I will hold off on taking it apart until I know what it is. Thanks

At times those small parts are worth more than a whole truck - many are absolutely unavailable and those doing restorations need them . Also , never pass up the opportunity to get used bolts - they can be blasted and re-plated pretty cheap and will save the day when you need one to do repairs or restoration of parts .
Sarge

At times those small parts are worth more than a whole truck - many are absolutely unavailable and those doing restorations need them . Also , never pass up the opportunity to get used bolts - they can be blasted and re-plated pretty cheap and will save the day when you need one to do repairs or restoration of parts .
Sarge

I bought it and put it in my garage out of the weather. I just hated to see it sit all winter and spring covered in snow. I will use it for trading stock for something I need. I am collecting parts for a vehicle I don't own and can't use... I got bit by the bug didn't I ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom