1965 fj 45 lwb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sorry to say that I am selling my FJ 45 LWB. I have been trying for years to get this done and finally come to the realization that I will not be able to finish off what I started due to several reasons. Some of you know me and have helped me out. To those that have helped I want to Thank you!

I started a thread here several years ago and it tells the story of my adventures with the old truck and can be found here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/96908-fj45-lwb-truck-project.html

There is more info here than i can possibly put on Ebay which is where she is going to be listed in a week or two. I thought seeing that this site was so much help to me when I was learning about these fine trucks I would offer it here first.

My thread describes most of the improvements but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I have asked some of the members what a fair price for my truck would be but did not get a lot of response to this difficult question. I know that I will take a loss but hopefully my loss is your gain and the truck will get completed and enjoyed for many years to come. I paid $15,000 for the truck in 2003 and added up the invoices for major items I have bought since then and they add up to over $6500, not including the professional work done on the truck like the $1000 rebuild on the Turbo 400 transmission. So let's start with $15,000 as the asking price for this Southern California beauty.

Cheers,

Jim

Yes this country has gone through some hard times and we are still not out of it. This being one of the reasons the old truck is up for sale. My price is just an "asking" price and if I received a fair offer I would consider it.

After a little more thought I have another option if anyone is interested. I understand that some of the enthusiasts here are a little more of a puritan than I am and would have preferred to see the old inline 6 or even a diesel Toyota motor in the truck rather than an American motor. So if the buyer wants to put this truck back to stock or has another approach that he would like to go with it I would credit them for the existing motor, transmission and adapter which they would not need.

Thanks for your comments Fast Eddy, this truck will be sold at what ever the fair market value is either here or on Ebay.

Cheers,

Jim

where are you and how many $$s w/o drivetrain??

Sorry to see this Jim, I know you had Big palns for the 45. I dont think your out of line on the asking price you have already put alot into the project. Good Luck with the sale they are getting harder to find and if your not in a hurry to sell I am sure you will get a fair price for what you have in it

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your comments buddy! It took me a long time to come to the realization that the old truck would be better off if I let her go. I have been the caretaker for almost 9 years and for the past few years very little has gotten done on the restoration so it's time. As you know I have waffled back and forth to sell or not to sell for the past year. I am in no hurry but I will find a new home for this nice old truck that I will definitely regret selling.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Fast Eddy,

I am an old guy that has bought and sold lots of cars and trucks over the years. You would have to slam me pretty hard to get under my skin. I appreciate all comments. Per your request I sent you a PM with my location and phone number if you want to discuss the truck further.

Cheers,

Jim

Hey Jim, sorry you have to sell your rig. I know you have done a lot of work to it. Any way you can set back a while and really think this over. Hope things work out the best for ya.

Hi Guys,

I sold the truck today. My thanks to those of you that helped me with this truck over the last 9 years. I will miss her and all of you as well.

Cheers,

Jim

Congrats Jim. Was the buyer someone here on MUD?

Thanks! The buyer is a member here his screen name is Vintij74 and he already has a sweet FJ 40. I can tell from talking to him that he is going to take the truck to a new level. He did not want the V8 or transmission because he is going back to Toyota drivetrain. He is thinking about either using the stock motor or the diesel. I look forward to seeing the old truck back on the road.

Cheers,

Jim

Did it stay in SoCal ??

Last edited:
Congrats Jim and if it help your welcome to come over and drive mine whenever you want.........Might end up putting you to work on Cruisers LOL

Thanks Rob, That sounds like a plan buddy! Or if you want to bring her down to the shop we can put her on the rack and have some fun down here. Your always welcome.

Cheers,

Jim

Good bye old friend.

good bye old friend1.jpg

Best wishes to the new owner. He is putting the old truck back to stock, which is what I should have done.

New Owner.jpg

A sad day for me, hopefully I will have another one of these beauties again someday.

Here is my new adventure, sorry it's not a Land Cruiser.

3-Palomar 2-14-12.jpg

Cheers,

Jim
good bye old friend1.jpg
New Owner.jpg
3-Palomar 2-14-12.jpg

" Here is my new adventure, sorry it's not a Land Cruiser. " Nice so I will come down you can drive the 45 and I can drive ????? Looks like the 45 went to a good home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom