18 mpg / cruise ctrl ?? / LEDs / oil / gear noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drove from CT to Buffalo and back over the past few days in my 80 -- it was a great drive, and comfortable!

Here's a couple of observations / questions I had --

- I drove 150 miles at 72 mph on cruise control -- with the AC on the 1st of 4 settings -- and got 18 mpg -- !!

- The cruise crontrol was on a majority of the time -- at two points, the cruise dropped down 5-10 mph and then corrected itself -- like it was faultering -- is this normal? I was on a flat road --

- I installed George's LEDs -- amazing! &nbsp:Did the map-lamps and the interior lights -- what a difference! He should make them for the tail-lamps and side-markers!

- my oil is 1,000 miles old, and when I check it when filling-up, it's still golden, like a fresh install -- !!

- I was a back-seat passenger at one point and the gear noise from the drive-train is more noticeable than when driving -- this gear noise (like a tank's) is normal, right??!! Also, when accelerating to 60 mph, I always get some odd harmonic distortions from the drivetrain -- again, normal??!!

THANKS!!

eric

Re: 18 mpg / cruise ctrl ?? / LEDs / oil / gear no

Also, when accelerating to 60 mph, I always get some odd harmonic distortions from the drivetrain -- again, normal??!!

There are several of us the have it, me too. I think we are the lucky ones, maybe not. No known fix.
kurt

I don't think 18 MPG is normal. I once did a run at a constant 56mph and got 16mpg (and that's allowing for differing volumes in UK/US gallons) I don't suppose you're too worried about getting 18mpg though :D

I just drove from Oregon to Utah (~1k miles) and averaged 15 [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub], and that was great for me.

Rogue,

>> 15 1/2 (done properly) <<

My you're clever. How'd you do that?
Let me try something....
 ¨÷ ¨ø ¨ü ¨ý ¨þ ♫ ¢Ü ¨ù ¨ö ¨ú ©ö/2

No, that isn't working.
Maybe the sup/sub tags... [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub]

Yes! That's it.  

-B-

Similar experiences for me two weeks ago to / from Orlando.

...annoying harmonics from drivetrain, more noticable in back seat than in DS
...MPG @ 60-65 w/cruise & AC: 14 /12 - 15.
...MPG @ 75-80, w/cruise & AC: 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom