12HT blowing alot of black smoke if boost is over 15psi? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

The black part is the weld in section. I will try and find an adaptorto match the thread I have tapped into my manifold instead. My existing probe would do the job but I want an accurate A/B comparison.

IMG_0317.jpg

Well I managed to get my fingers chopped up in my hedge trimmer on the weekend, so after a trip to the hospital, cleaning of the wounds :crybaby: and a few stitches, I am happy to report that no loss of movement has been noticed and only a very slight loss of feeling is evident!

So I might wait a few weeks before fooling with my EGT swap

Ouch!! Wishing you and your fingers a fast and complete recovery.....

If you can get your hands (!) on some peroxide (not from the hair shop) it can help keep the wounds clean whilst they heal.

Gee..... I was wondering why this thread went all quiet and thought something may have been up. Hope everything works out and you get to a speedy recovery.

how is everything going dousty? whats the latest with the truck(s)

also what is the standard timing for the hj61 pumps? i see you set yours to 10* is that stock?

Gday Mat.
I put the EGT guage in and found the same peak figures as with the autometer guage. The digital unit is ALOT more sensitive though so it is very fast to react to slight throttle movements. I have a Gturbo to fit this week, now that I am off work for a holiday.

As far as timing, I think factory spec is 11* but I got as close as 10* and left it as that. I'll report back once I have finished fooling with the turbo and fuel set up.

Gturbo is now on. I have noticed it is very fast spooling, requiring very little throttle input for a response from the turbo. I haven't touched my fuel settings as made for the previous turbo, I just fitted it and took it for a quiet lap to get everything up to temperature.

Tomorrow I will check it over again, top up coolant and head up the nearby hill to see if has made any change to my peak EGT at the same boost setting (it might flow more air?). Then I will increase boost to 17psi (currently 14psi) and make fuel adjustments to suit and see how she goes.

Can't wait for the update! Any pics of the AuberIns guage installed?

The guage is just sitting ontop of my dash at the moment.

Ok then, I took it for a good work out just now. At the same boost levels as previous I saw an EGT drop of about 30*C with the increase in responsivness already stated.

After adjusting boost to 17psi I saw an increase in performance across the rev range and a further drop of around 30*C. So currently my EGT has peaked at 640-650*C.

I have not made any fuel adjustments and will live with this for a while to see how it goes. I'd like to wind the boost higher and see if it further lowers peak EGT but I don't want to rush into it.

I also really need to get down to Stockton Beach and find a nice big dune to really put her to work. Once I have nailed down a certain boost setting, that's what I'll do. Then I can adjust fuel confident that I will never get the EGT any higher than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom