120 series Photos! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my 2005 GX470 KDSS, SCS Stealth wheels, BFG KO2, OPOR sliders, RCI skids, ICON stage 1 and Camburg 1.25 UCA's. It's a work in progress and currently waiting for more products to come out this year before I buy anything else.

Here's my 2005 GX470 KDSS, SCS Stealth wheels, BFG KO2, OPOR sliders, RCI skids, ICON stage 1 and Camburg 1.25 UCA's. It's a work in progress and currently waiting for more products to come out this year before I buy anything else.

What size tires?

Tried to do Williams Pass here in Colorado. It's only open in August. I have wanted to do it since 2007. Before my vehicle was too big. Nearly dented my door trying to squeeze onto the trail. This time a boulder fell on the road and they closed the road. So that pass will wait till next year I guess. I did Tomichi Pass and Hancock Pass. Tomichi is supposedly scary. There is a mangled Land Cruiser (so they say, not really discernible) at the bottom of the hill on the shelf road. Clearly a one vehicle at a time road for about 1 mile. It was sleeting and raining most the day. Made it kinda fun really. The mountains turned white from the sleet after a while. GX did great. Every day I am happy with that thing. So comfortable and capable. I saw 3 bull moose. Got kinda close to them. Later I saw two of them again. Also a moose calf and a great up close of a deer getting his rack.

2016-08-22 14.02.46.jpg
2016-08-22 14.24.38 HDR.jpg
View attachment 1310712
2016-08-22 14.04.22.jpg
DSC_4958.JPG

2016-08-22 12.58.55.jpg

Last edited:
Drove my 100 series five hours (each way) to pick up this near-mint 2006 4Runner. Bought it from a Toyota Service Manager, it's been babied!

082516_LC-4R.jpg

did a little on road exploring this past week.
visit a friend in Scottsdale and then over Hoover Dam and some camping, visiting Aliens and Bonneville Salt Flats.

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

Hi. My name is Ryan and I have a problem. My GX was bone stock at the beginning of 2016. Well, it needed new tires. The tires I wanted wouldn't fit, so I made them fit...
IMG_5243.jpg
IMG_5247.jpg

Oh man, sounds like a serious problem. What kind of bumper is that?

Finished a road trip from Iowa to Maine and back last month with my family (wife and four kids). Drove about 4,000 miles with a canoe on the roof and towing a very full pop-up with a loaded cargo carrier on top. Stopped at Niagara Falls, the Adirondacks, some breweries, White Mountains in NH, Acadia, and Cape Cod. Was a great two week trip. GX performed flawlessly.

New Hamshire Campground.jpg

St. Regis Canoe Area.jpg

Last edited:
After the long family road trip, went to Boundary Waters in Minnesota on a solo paddle for a week. Highlights were had to confront a bear the first night (the entire night), caught at least one each of the four main fish there (Walleye, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Smallmouth Bass), great fires every night, saw really vivid Northern Lights one night, broke my glasses, perfect weather, didn't see another human from noon Tuesday to noon Friday, hardly any bugs! Awesome trip!

Heading in to Boundary Waters.JPG

Best color!

Just picked it up last week and threw the 4runner Trail wheels on there. Found a set of take-offs for a really good price and it was in dire need of new tires anyway.

KaZxNmq.jpg

ZOkk5Jl.jpg

wFWHyPZ.jpg

@coops2k - please share details of that trailer.....

Here is my original thread about my trailer build on my Jeep club website. Right now it's sitting, waiting on air bags and shocks, since I broke both spring. I will also be posting updates in a couple of weeks. The trailers been repainted and can now carry 4 Jerry cans and propane bottle
Off road trailer
Trip where I broke the springs
Crossing the Gila - Expedition Portal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom