fun with 40 parts... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
fun with 40 parts... retrobib

I put the metaltech fenders on and decided to not have fender mounted turn signals...kinda fun.

Decided to breed a 78 front bib with a bib from the 60s. Sure I could have just drilled two holes but that wouldn't have been a real pain in the ass :D

**No salvageable bibs were harmed in the making of this thread.**
all.jpg

Last edited:
new and older...

Added the bar stock to the edge to reinforce the corners and clearance them a little bit for the tires. Sure I could have moved the bump stops but again...that would have been the easy fix...

you can see in the top left corner of the 1st pic, the self clearancing the tire did.

Spiders!! I hate spiders - get off!!! hehe **no spiders were harmed either
newerstyle.jpg
olderstyle.jpg
bar.jpg

Last edited:
The older style grill screens are angled on top and go beyond the top of the bib. To fit the newer style, you need to move the brackets over. I wanted the hood latch so it's bracket was moved over as well. The headlight buckets on the newer style bibs are slightly different so you have to add the cutout, drill the big holes bigger, enlarge one of the old mounting holes, and add two more. I rewelded the nuts to the back of the retro bib.

before and after:
retrobezel.jpg
before.jpg
after.jpg

those crazy Toyota engineers :hillbilly

should have been a single filiment but hey, I'm not telling them. Must have been a caryover from the FJ25 days. hint hint ;)

to make the bib light act as a running light and a turn signal, just add another wire (pronounced "war" for those Texans out there. :D)
biblight.jpg
dual.jpg
extra.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good Mike....

Now get some clear lenses from whoever...and run an amber bulb... ;) 1157A

:beer:

Man, I wish I had that kind of spare time!;p

COOL!

I get the latch and the screen part, but why didn't you just reuse the early style headlight buckets? Do the cones have a clearance issue with the Metaltech fenders?:confused:

There is plenty of room for the older style buckets. I am just odd like that plus the 45s get pissed when I steal parts off of them. :D

Check out the clear Poser :grinpimp:

Nice mod, I did not know toyota offered three different lense options.

treerootCO said:
The older style grill screens are angled on top and go beyond the top of the bib. To fit the newer style, you need to move the brackets over. I wanted the hood latch so it's bracket was moved over as well. The headlight buckets on the newer style bibs are slightly different so you have to add the cutout, drill the big holes bigger, enlarge one of the old mounting holes, and add two more. I rewelded the nuts to the back of the retro bib.

before and after:

Good stuff, Mike. I need to do the same thing for the headlights to mine. Thanks for breaking trail - again!! :D Your's looks sweet! :grinpimp:

Just a question here. If you was to take a right turn, would someone coming from the opposite direction see the right turn signal do to the wench obstruction?

I like the look!!! Plus the color is the same as mine, except mine has a black bezel. How do you like the metal tech fenders???

later
Ryan

do you have any part #'s for those lenses i would like to try the dealer here in canada i am in the process right now of starting the same project , but have not got the bib lights yet because i wanted the clear lenses . great job bib looks awsome,CDan has no pm .right now ???
treerootCO said:
parts from cdan - you rock cdan!!

and...all sorts of lens options :grinpimp: - you ROCK Steve!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom