Winch arming switch installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured out the winch switch thing.
To wire a disconnect switch (arming switch, on/of switch, etc) to the cab I used:

A Warn solenoid--I don't have the part number right now, but it's the same solenoid as the ones in the control box for the XD9000. I don't know the details on its duty rating, but I figure it has to be appropriate, considering it's the solenoid switching the winch motor.
Cost about $20 from Six States Distributors.

A Toyota-sourced fog-lamp switch.
My local dealer sold me this for $10. It has a small LED that lights up when the switch is in the "ON" position. Fits perfectly.

Assorted cable, marine battery terminals, and other mundane stuff.

The wiring was simple, even for an electrical novice like me. I used 2 gauge cable to match the winch power cables. I also replaced the main ground from my battery to the engine block with 2 gauge.

Here's what I ended up with. The solenoid that does the actual switching of the hot line between the winch and battery can be seen mounted on the back side of the factory battery tray. Please excuse the octopus of cables--if I add anything else I'm going to have to find another solution:
Solenoid%20and%20Battery.jpg

Here's a closeup of the solenoid:
Solenoid.jpg

And here's a shot of the fog lamp switch mounted next to the rear heater switch:
Cab%20switch.jpg

Works great.

Hayes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom