ROTW- Hltoppr (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
1992 FJ80, 3FE 200,000 miles, all OEM parts from CDan

Built for travel/expedition wheeling

OME 850 front/863 rear Heavy Suspension/OME N71e(front) N73(rear) Shocks
OME Steering Stabilizer
31x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain Tires on Stock Alloy Rims
2 Spare 31x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrains on Stock Alloy Rims
ARB Bumper with Ramsey Rep 8K Winch
PIAA 120 XT Spotlights
Safari Snorkle with Centrifugal pre-cleaner
Factory Toyota Side Marker Lights
Optima Red Top Main Battery
Battery Isolator
Remote Located Optima Blue Top Marine Battery
Con-Fer Porthole Rack, 5'x8', modified to fit rooftop tent
Expedition Exchange twin NATO can holder (On roofrack)
Hannibal Rooftop Tent
Hannibal Awning with side enclosure
Engel 35 Refrigerator
Constant 12V outlet on center console
A-Pillar GPS mount for the trusty Magellan 4000XL
Rear Cargo Floor with tie down rails
Pioneer CD/MP3 player with XM Roady Receiver
Pioneer Speakers in Stock Locations, 10" Subwoofer in rear
George’s LEDs lighting
El Cheapo Radio Shack CB, Firestick antenna on ARB with quick release

Future mods...
1HD-T Turbo Diesel, A442 Trans and T-Case....Gotta get Greg & Sheldon to return the ‘ol emails!!!

-H-
CruiseBaja05.jpg
BajaBeach2.jpg
FJ80Front.jpg

Last edited:
sweet rig-its got that pure outback look. :beer:

Very nicely equiped rig, I love the rear battery.

Sweet H!

???

Do you carry your two spares when you go on your long trips??? I am assuming so...do you carry them on your roof rack? Or do you still have one below and just put one on top? Have you considered a rear bumper with tire swing (or did you find it more economical just to get the roof rack and just put everything on top?)...or am i stupid and not see in your mod list you already have that?

Very cool setup! Where did you get the Hannible awning/roof top tent? Do have any pic of the rear of the truck with ladder going up to the tent and/or with just the awning extentended? I'm curious to see how you get into that thing.

Our first ROTW FJ80, wow what a great example...Love that tent! Have you ever considered more clearance for your under body with bigger tires?

I love the tent...I was lucky that Junk happened to get a new trailer and his wife wanted more room in the garage, so I picked it up from him. Same with the awning.

Most of the wheeling I do really doesn't require tires larger than 31", and the 3FE is already a slowpoke without adding extra tire to turn, so I've stuck with 31s.

Because of the 3FE and power considerations, I've not added the extra weight of sliders or a rear bumper. One spare tire is in the stock location, and the other is on the roof rack when necessary.

Here's a ladder access pic....

-H-
HMRooftop.jpg
AmigosBeach05.jpg

Wow what a setup, I love the Hannibal.
More details on your cargo tiedown rails?

The cargo rails are 6' sections of perforated galvanized angle from the 'ol Home Depot. I've bolted them down to the floor through a 3/4" plywood section to the factory tie down captured nuts and added small shackles which can move to where I need to strap stuff down.

For trips, my gear is contained in Rubbermaid Boxes, and strapped down using ratchet straps...no bouncing or clanging around in the back!

-H-

Nice! I like that it's infinitely adj for different tiedown positions.
The awning/standing room on the Hannibal is pretty sweet too. Great setup all around, inside & out- inspiring!

Sweet rig, nicely done, do you have a pic of the awing closed and how is it attached to the rack, is that a Pelican case that the jerry cans are resting on? If so what size? I am considering purchasing one for my recovery gear. Again very nice rig

Cool setup! All of your mods look to be super functional. Me likey.
Also, looks like you've spent some time in Baja. I've done a fair amount of travelling all along the peninsula, and it's the main reason I went with an 80 series. After the last trip, I sold my 1974 FJ55 (vortec/nv4500) and 'upgraded' to a quieter, more reliable ride. I still feel like I kind of 'sold out' but, f#*^ it.

80 series are just THE bomber expedition/baja rigs. Especially when WE convert our rigs to diesel.

Cool truck, maybe I'll run into ya down there.

cool,

seth

Nice setup.. and looking at the pic in post #12... there really is ocean front property in Arizona :)
Also looks like it came right out of the ocean from OZ. (Doesn't look like any tire tracks in the sand infront of the truck)

One questions though... is that the GPS antenna right above the drivers "o's***" grip? If so you aren't getting the most out of the signal.. that should be facing straight up for the best quality signal. Most likely not a major problem since you don't really need such precision, but in times of low signal it would help more facing directly towards the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom