ROTW (lx450landcruiser) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
All right well not sure exactly what I should say but since I'm the first Ill give it a shot.

My truck is a 1996 Lx450 with exactly 140k. It has stock wheels and tires with a 2.5 inch lift from slee. I have duel batteries wired to a center consol painless switch so I can jump-start my trucks battery from in the cab. My truck has a front ARB winch bumper however I don’t have the winch yet. For the rear I have a homemade bumper that I built about 6 months ago. In the rear I ran a 450-watt sub woofer in a separate box with a plug in connector so I could take the sub out when I needed the space. I also installed a small lockable box with shelves in it for some tools. I have an auxiliary fuse block inside and a custom switch panel where the factory sub used to go. I have a CB where the ashtray used to go and an 11.3 inch flat screen attached to the dash. I have a custom cat back exhaust with a magnaflow muffler. This truck is my daily driver however I do like to take it off road every chance I get. I use it for primarily safari type wheeling however I like to take it on some rocks as well. If any one has any questions I'm glad to give you as much help as I can.

Future plans are diff locks
Sliders, new rear bumper,
Winch, possible a larger lift,
Larger tires, well the list it endless.

Mike
lx commercial .jpg
PICT0010.jpg
PICT0011.jpg

Jump start your truck from inside the cab? How does that work?

Nice truck,

the picture in the snow is great

why are you ditching the rear bumper? looks good in that shot, have plans for something better?

nyk438 said:
Jump start your truck from inside the cab? How does that work?

the set up allows me to run the truck off one battery (stock) Both batteries at all times (duel) and the last possition is with both batteries at all times.
Basicaly if i run the truck on one battery (stock) i can run a heater int he truck at night to keep warm camping and not have to worrie about draining the battery to far. i can get up in the morning and if she doesnt turn over i can flip the switch and never have to get out.

mike

Mike,
Do you have a pic of the switch setup for your dual bat system? Just curious as to your setup in the cabin.

RavenTai said:
Nice truck,

the picture in the snow is great

why are you ditching the rear bumper? looks good in that shot, have plans for something better?

Thanks i really love this truck

As for the bumper it was my first attempt at one and while building it i was really pressed for time. i have lots of fun ideas for the next one. One of my bigger ones is side steps to reach the roof that will double as tow points for recovery. I plane to build a few of them this summer for some of the guys here on the board.

mike

YngTLCOwner said:
Mike,
Do you have a pic of the switch setup for your dual bat system? Just curious as to your setup in the cabin.

ill run out and shoot some pics

mike

YngTLCOwner said:
Mike,

here ya go. i painted it black but you could keep it the factory color as well if you wanted to. when i took the stock sub out i took the box out as well and it gave me a perfect place to put my aux fuse block and line converter for the new sub
PICT0001.jpg

Wow thank you Mike for taking the pic! I have current dual bat set up but plan on making a few changes and like how you have the set up. I currently have to manually go and switch it but I lhoe w/w ou y yrs couldouo d fitm rosiin tde theckru T. nkhaags n.ai

Real sweet!!

:cheers: to a really nicely done truck.

Can I ask a stupid question? (you'll get those from me... :rolleyes: )

Where did you find directions/schematic for doing up the dual battery system and interior control console like that? I'm constantly amazed by the things people come up with on the board here for there rigs.

Anyway, what plan did you follow? Have you done some thing like this before? I guess, give us the meat and potatoes on how you were able to rig this up. I'm really interested in setting something up soon as well.

Thanks in advance.
Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

Mike,
Nice Truck. Very well done.

I have a few questions.

How is your flatscreen attached ?
What video are you running to it ?
Did you recarpet the rear sidewall ?

Can I have your bumper w/ you get another ? :flipoff2:
I think it looks great !

beno said:
Real sweet!!

:cheers: to a really nicely done truck.

Can I ask a stupid question? (you'll get those from me... :rolleyes: )

Where did you find directions/schematic for doing up the dual battery system and interior control console like that? I'm constantly amazed by the things people come up with on the board here for there rigs.

Anyway, what plan did you follow? Have you done some thing like this before? I guess, give us the meat and potatoes on how you were able to rig this up. I'm really interested in setting something up soon as well.

Thanks in advance.
Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

i really cant take credit for the system as its a kit that i bought from painless. it comes ill all thee wires (color coded) and the solonoid. All i had t do was order the stock battery tray and stuff for a early modle 80 which fints in the right hand side. then i moved my washer bottle with slees kit. i had to get the battery cabels of the right length and i welded a mount for the solonoid. I rewired my fj40 from scratch and then i rewired it again with a painless kit designed for a chevy truck. i did the chevy truck one becasue i had installed a gm tilt steering column and no i can just plug my harness into the coulumn for my turn signols, horn, ect...

Arleaux said:
Mike,
Nice Truck. Very well done.

I have a few questions.

How is your flatscreen attached ?
What video are you running to it ?
Did you recarpet the rear sidewall ?

Can I have your bumper w/ you get another ? :flipoff2:
I think it looks great !

The flat screen is attacked to the stock holes in the dash that usualy hold the clock. Its not the most ideal place but its the only place i could think of that doesnt block my site other then on my hood. That and every one in the truck can see it with out struggle. It has just about every connection u can think of in the back. i run dvd players on it when i make the drive home from washinton to az. and ill be able to run GPS which is what i really wanted for it . I have an old lap top i plan to run under the seat and run a wirless mouse -key board, however it looks like if i can gather up somee money this summer i may run the new mac mini which ill mount in the stereo slot.

thanks again for all the complements and im really happy i can contribute something to the board.

edit: i also forgot to mention i can take the screen off and on in under a minute so i dont have to leave it in the truck and worry about it getting stolen.
PICT0010.jpg
PICT0012.jpg

lx450landcruiser,
Nice writeup. Thanks for taking the pole by agreeing for the first week. ... greatly appreciated.

For those switches related to the dual batts - what are they rated? Reason I ask is most guys that have the marine switch try to not set up the winch through the switch because of the heavy draw.

Thanks - and again, nice write up dude.

well the dual battery set up runs off only one switch. you can look the kit up on painless web site and i think i bought mine from summit racing the kit is a 250 amp and comes with everything u need including two lights for the 3 position switch so you know what position your running in. and for the guys with 40s or less weather proofing on there trucks you can pay a bit more and get a water proof kit although a little liquid tape and you wouldnt know the difference.

link
http://www.painlesswiring.com/webcatalog/cat-battacc.htm

lx450landcruiser, what's your next mod on your cruiser?

mike it looks great. I like the rear mudflaps!

well im not totaly sure yet as my funds are some what low at the moment. so this summer it will prob be small stuff that i can afford such as make a new 3/4 rack, new rear bumper, i plane to build some rear drawers. I may lookinto a onboard air system using the gm compressor with either a supercharge pully. I will also toy with some sliders, skid plates, i love to fab with metal and im notthe best with the mechanics of my truck however i have to say i pride myself on doing everying on my truck myself even if i dont know how.

semlin said:
mike it looks great. I like the rear mudflaps!

HAHAhaha yeah well after the bumper i was pulled over 4 times for mud flap violation so i just cut up some napa ones and attached them to the stock holes.

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom