Ordered the injectors today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
Well I took the plunge and ordered the injectors from MAF today. I also called CDan and got a set of new seals for the injectors as well as the gaskets for the banjo bolt for the fuel line and a new fuel pressure regulator. Basically $130 for CDan and $170 (sans core charge) for MAF.

As an example of my driving style, I left yesterday morning for a service call and returned today, 890 miles travelled! So I should have some good mpg numbers as far as an improvement soon after the install.

Since I can remember it's been 14.2 mpg, hopefully this helps.

Rick, is that mpg with your summer or winter tires?
You run 265's in summer, right? If so, do you change the speedo gear when you go to the tiny tires?

Rick,

Is that a freeway MPG figure? If so, what speed? Just wondering because I'm zeroing in on the MPG my 97 gets and it appears to be 13.5 around town which is quite a bit better than the 12 on the 93.

DougM

Wow, with stock gearing and 315's I get exactly 15mpg (GPS calibrated) at 65mph.

FWIW, with these tires and gearing my stock speedo is spot on.

Landtank-

So does MAF send injectors out and then just wait for yours when you pull them, I have been considering it for a couple weeks here since I will be doing my HG soon, just not sure if I want to try and get by with the quick and dirty or spend a little and do it right..........

brent said:
... get by with the quick and dirty or spend a little and do it right..........

sounds like you've already made the decision.... ;)

MAF keeps used/cleaned injectors on hand, the core charge is their way of ensuring you return yours. Since Rick will be sending his current ones back in to MAF, there is actually a chance you'll end up running his injectors (post-cleaning, of course...lol)

Looking forward to the results...

IdahoDoug said:
Rick,

Is that a freeway MPG figure? If so, what speed? Just wondering because I'm zeroing in on the MPG my 97 gets and it appears to be 13.5 around town which is quite a bit better than the 12 on the 93.

DougM

Mostly highway 75+ speeds. I gots places to go!

Rick, i was just checking out the injectors on-line last night at MAF. Do you feel this is a better approach than sending your injectors to RC engineering to have them cleaned/calibrated?

They use RC for their service so the fact that I can attack the problem over the weekend with a high probability of driving the truck on Monday made it an easy choice. The timing of this was to order them just after my CC close for the month so I can float the core charge on their dime.

excellent, i didn't know that's who they use.

Steve-O said:
We do use RC yes, but the benifits of going through us comes from the no downtime. We do send the print out's with the injectors also so you can see what the new flow ratings are, its pretty impressive. We did see an improvment in fuel mileage, and a slight performance increase. Overall the vehicle just runs much nicer. A dirty injector will definately waste fuel mileage, even more if you are at slow speeds or it is leaking. Keep in mind that every vehicle will yield different results. Thanks, Steve.

This was from another thread.

the only downside to using MAF instead of RC is that they give you a printout for your new injectors but do not give you the printout on your old injectors so you don't know how bad or good they were. I am surprised RC does not offer this service themselves but I suppose they have a lot of different brands to worry about.

semlin said:
the only downside to using MAF instead of RC is that they give you a printout for your new injectors but do not give you the printout on your old injectors so you don't know how bad or good they were. I am surprised RC does not offer this service themselves but I suppose they have a lot of different brands to worry about.

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing which ones are yours, I send out a lot of sets at one time. RC justs cleans/calibrates them and sends them back with the print out, mainly to show you what the new ones will perform like. If you were really curious about your old ones, you can send me those and I will have that set re-done for you. Unfortunately doing this, you will have to wait a couple of extra days.
Thanks for the order Rick, let me know how everything works out.
Steve.

Steve, I should probably have added to my previous post that I think you guys are offering a great service. There is little practical likelihood I could leave the truck off the road long enough to wait for RC so if I do this, it will be with you. I didn't mean to imply any criticism, just a little food for thought for any anal folks like me.

semlin said:
Steve, I should probably have added to my previous post that I think you guys are offering a great service. There is little practical likelihood I could leave the truck off the road long enough to wait for RC so if I do this, it will be with you. I didn't mean to imply any criticism, just a little food for thought for any anal folks like me.

Dont worry, I didnt take that the wrong way at all. I agree with you on wanting to see the old injector specs, it ups the "WOW" factor. Its just too hard to track unfortunately. Steve.

I wounder if when you send in a set to be cleaned at any vendor that cleans and give a report, if they realy give you a real report on you injectors OR they just give you a line of BS so you feel good about sending them in???

Well just installed the injectors and I'd thought I'd share my thoughts on them.

First the truck does run noticeably smoother.

Second, the injectors came with the upper o-ring and rubber grommet but not the lower seal on the intake manifold side. Also new gaskets for the banjo bolt for the fuel rail were needed. I also replaced the fuel regulator while I was in there.

The whole process took about 2.5 hours. If you attempt thgis I would make sure you have a set of torx sockets as pulling the studs out to remove the EGR valve made that job easier.

Last week I recorded 15.2 mpg on a trip out to Springfiel;d MA. This week I have a call in Maine and then on Thursday I have to go to Bridgeport CT. On that CT trip I should be able to get an idea if this helped my MPG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom