The White Trash Beater Buildup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KOWBOY

President
Threads
Website
www.elwoodwhitetrash.com
Well, last night at the beginnin' of our meetin', we done made us a phone call and a bought us an FJ-40. :grinpimp:

Later on today when I'm in town, I'll get The Wise One to post up one of them link deals of what we got.

Me and Lynn gonna go fetch it Thursday and haul it back to headquarters and we'll start hackin' on it. :cool:

Plan is to use other folks hand-me-downs and get 'er runnin' in time for Lynn to wheel 'er at the Ramble. :bounce:

Schedule and budget are both pretty tight and we mite not make it .... but we're gonna give it a helluva run. :D

Stay tuned to this thread for the entire buildup.

:flamingo:

:idea: I'm sure I can find something you'll need....post up a want list.

What do ya need?

Thanks for the offers and we'll certainly post up a "need" list soon as the dust settles. We think we got a line on a set of axles and some tires/wheels. We know we got a 3sp Xfer with SM420 adapter.

Ain't got a SM420 or a roll cage but can't pay much for purchase or shipping. :frown:

Gonna need some power steerin' stuff too but don't know what engine yet, depends if the "F" that's in there has got any life left to 'er. If not, course we'll just drop in a chevy.

One of our goals is too see just how friggin' cheap a fella can build one of these deals.

CAll shreg and ask how much he has inta his ;)

here it is.....i touched this one once....

Hard top and 1/2 doors are long gone, but the rest is just peachy.
P1010001.JPG
P1010004.JPG

Thanks for the pics Nolen! :bounce: :bounce2:

That's our baby alright. Won't recognize 'er when we get done hackin' on it. :grinpimp:

But most of all ..... thanks for contributing to our little forum. :beer: :cheers:

I know where those doors are!!!!!

I got the 420 and some stuff headed to Killerpea's purdy soon. Don't know jack about the tranny, got it from Reljac and it's NOT the one he got from Spaceghost, but the other one ...... He said it was good but I don't think it's been gone threw, shifts fine tho. Got an indexing ring and that Toyota washer/spacer thingy that you GOTTA have for the swap (don't ask me how I know you GOTTA have the dang thing :rolleyes: ).

Mike

66fj40x2 said:
I got the 420 and some stuff headed to Killerpea's purdy soon. Don't know jack about the tranny, got it from Reljac and it's NOT the one he got from Spaceghost, but the other one ...... He said it was good but I don't think it's been gone threw, shifts fine tho. Got an indexing ring and that Toyota washer/spacer thingy that you GOTTA have for the swap (don't ask me how I know you GOTTA have the dang thing :rolleyes: ).

Mike

Now ya done went and confused us. :confused:

Is the 420 sold or is it for sale with a free ride to TX?

We need one (and them other pieces too), so please clarify. Mite be interested in a package deal with your 3spd case. When considering your price please keep in mind that all future members of The White Trash have to be voted in and a sweet deal here would certainly be considered into the voting process. :grinpimp:

KOWBOY said:
Now ya done went and confused us. :confused:

Is the 420 sold or is it for sale with a free ride to TX?

We need one (and them other pieces too), so please clarify. Mite be interested in a package deal with your 3spd case. When considering your price please keep in mind that all future members of The White Trash have to be voted in and a sweet deal here would certainly be considered into the voting process. :grinpimp:

Must a typed too fast. The SM420 is still available. I bought it Reljac so to verify the condition an email to him would help. I don't have an adapter plate, but have the indexing ring, probably a bell housing, and that Toyota washer that goes tween the two bearings. We'll work somthing out. When you need it?

Aww hell, I'll just PM ya.

Ain't even fetched the junk yet and thangs is comin' 'long right nice.

Already done scored:
(4) 38.5 X 12.5 SX's on beadlocks (damn near new) .................. $800
SM420 .................... case of beer and membership in The White Trash
3spd case with adaptor ................ still negotiatin' the price

And some maybes:
Gotta solid line on the axles but waitin' to hear the price.
Gotta good lead on a rollcage, just need to getta hold of the fella.

Once we get 'er in the shop and get 'er all hacked up this weekend we'll post up what else we'll be needin'.

Thanks.

What axles do you need?

No late models, just an old drum brake out of the Pig and a couple of 1/2 ton Chevy axles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom