Official FJ photochop thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured I'd start this thread so that all those with P-Chop ability can tweak the existing FJ images into something modified in a way that makes it more desireable.

Looking at the new FJ, the biggest things that stuck out in my mind as "needing change" where the small tires and the baby blue paint.

p.s. For those looking to critique my photoshoppin skillz (as well as my bowstaff skillz) keep in mind I did this in about 10 minutes, leaving out any inclination toward a professional looking result. The idea is there, so fawk off! haha...
fj-new.jpg

MUSTARD! Nice choice. I'm amazed how much better it looks. Now let's hope they choose some decent colors. Old school Fj40 colors like Mustard, Freeborn Red, Rustic Green, etc., and not just modern SUV metallic champagne monkey puke colors.

Blue is good on a 40 or a 60 (my 60 was blue), but for some reason on the FJ (or even the 80 series or 100 series) it makes the cruiser look like a piece of candy.

yooper said:
and not just modern SUV metallic champagne monkey puke colors.

And to think I was gonna come over and wheel with ya !! Dang , I like metallic , slick SUV paints .. :flipoff2:

:ban:

You cant photoshop the new fj into looking good unless you just stick an old 40 in its place. The styling is horrible and pays horrible homage to the original it is supposedly bringing back to life.

So you won't be running out and buying a brand new one then, like you surely would have if it looked good and was built on solid axles?

I was just trying to generate some ideas and creativity in this thread. Let's leave the cynicism and ludditity to the 100's of other threads already covering it.

3" lift, ARB front bumper, HQ sliders, and my stickers :D
Not sure which brakes they're going to use but you can't go smaller than 16"

Last edited:
this is the thread I've been waiting for :D

somebody do a black or white, I think "smurf" blue is cool but not on the new bodystyle.

It is funny how everybody is bashing the blue and calling for old-school colors. Smurf blue IS an old school color, and one of my least favorite of the 40 colors.

Freeborn Red is my favorite, but after owning and wheeling a white one, my function over form mentality says white is best.

How about replacing those flares with some bars? And loose the roof rack

Someone take the top off the fawker and add a cage and some 42" so Poser will know what his will look like.......

Deep South Cruisers said:
this is the thread I've been waiting for :D

somebody do a black or white, I think "smurf" blue is cool but not on the new bodystyle.

I like them both, better than the blue anyhow.
fj-new offwhite.jpg
fj-new black.jpg

How about a military look, maybe some swampers or some skinnys? or Olive wtih some black rock crawlers, yeah yeah

Shocker, i just glanced over on pirate and someone is using your photoshop pic. The first one. The nerve.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom