Builds ROTW- j_rawks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings fellow mudders.

This is my week to show off my rig, so I hope you like the write up.

My name is John and I am the proud owner of a 1991 FJ80 LandCruiser. It has the "mighty 3FE" in it with 186XXX miles on the original engine.

I purchased my 80 from another landcruiser enthusiast (he had another 80 and 100)here in Seattle this week 3 years ago (10/05/2004). I found a listing on craigslist and went to check it out. Took it for a spin, popped the hood, kicked the tires, and chucked n' jived with the owner about the rig. A deal was struck, money and keys exchanged hands. The previous owner gave me a manila folder with all the maintenance records since new, and a word of advice... "take good care of the cruiser and it will take care of you!" Then i was off into the night with my "new" cruiser.

My cruiser has been a stocker since I acquired it. I always wanted to make it different from all the other cruiser i have seen in my city, but I was more focused on getting a hold of my life before I spend tons of cash on the cruiser. 3 years later, a wife and house, 2 dogs, and all the things that made my life complete, the cruiser began its transformation after a lot of time being spent here on mud. I got cruiser envy and it was that time to get it modded.

My research on mud brought me to its current and everchanging form. Here is a list of components that i have changed/installed myself:

• OME 850/863 coil springs
  • OME N74L shocks
  • OME SD24 steering damper
  • OME caster bushings
  • Slee shortbus bumper
  • Warn 8K winch
  • IPF 868 CS lights
  • BFG Mud Terrain 33x10.5
  • Personally made storage drawers
  • Thule Roof Racks with various attachments
  • ALL OEM Toyota Parts
  • Rotella T 5w-40 Syn Oil
  • Mobil 1 Syn gear oil
Future Mods include:
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Sliders
  • Flowmaster Exhaust
  • Skidplates
  • Rear Bumper
  • Full Roof Rack
  • Blah, blah, blah…..
So far, the components I have installed are perfect for my needs. I am more into light wheeling and exploring backcountry roads in the Pacific Northwest. The cruiser is mainly used by my wife and I for camping and getting up to the mountains for snowboarding and snowshoeing or whatever. Since this is my daily driver, I am trying to keep it tame. Well, enough writing and onto the pics. Enjoy.

1st pic: rig after installing new wheels in stock form
2nd pic: unloading wheels before install
3rd pic: creepy guy finishing up the storage drawers.
Din-041.jpg
Din-037.jpg
Din-019.jpg

Last edited:
more pics

1st pic: stock bumper with IPF Lights
2nd pic: OME Heavy Lift
3rd pic: Shortbus Bumper with Warn 8K and IPF868 CS lights
CIMG0783.jpg
CIMG0774.jpg
CIMG1543.jpg

even more pics

1st pic: First dirt road trip with all the accesories
2nd pic: Flexing with my dogs
3rd pic: me and my rig- Reiter, WA
CIMG1553.jpg
CIMG2390.jpg
CIMG2378.jpg

Reiter Pit on a few different trips.
CIMG2353.jpg
CIMG2366.jpg
CIMG1846.jpg

Sweet rig! Great color and sensible mods.

even more pics.....

more pics

1st pic: coming down the mountain. some fire road in the cascades.
2nd pic: playing around in the rock garden with no sliders.....stupid move on my part.
CIMG1886.jpg
CIMG2368.jpg

Last edited:
I like that choice for the front bumper! Looks sweet!

Great looking rig. Love the wheels.
Thanks for the writeup.

Looks good. I think thats the first time Ive seen an 80 with no tint on the windows...

Nice write up, love that bumper! Very sweet color, I'm partial to the white ones!!:D:cool::cheers:

Sweet rig! I think going slow and steady on the mods, with a lot of thought about the order in which they come, is the best approach. :cheers:

Nice write up and sweet rig. Glad you finally got to fix it up to your liking. You are a much more paitient man than me. :D

thanks for the support fellas! i had a great time putting this together. i gotta give thanks to my other half for taking the pics to get this going....

cheers...

Another amazing looking white cruiser!

I wasn't into the short bus bumper but I have to admit it's growing on me!

Great job!

Another fan of the white here. Nice mods and nice rig. Almost exactly how I plan to do mine. :cheers:

:popcorn:Tastey!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom