Events/Trails PHOTOS: An 80 on the Rubicon (Marlin's Jambo) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Here are some photos of the 80 doing Marlin's run. What a great trip!
IMG_1271.jpg
IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1330.jpg

Nice - how did the rear quarterpanel protection hold up? Inquiring minds want to know.

more pics

The Kaymar rear bumper took repeated, savage impacts. Even the tire carrier took shots, Jason from Lcktup said one hit the Pro Comp Mud Terrain folded in so far he thought it might break the rear window!
IMG_1337.jpg
IMG_1363.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg

a couple more

and a couple more shots. Gnarly trail.
IMG_1426.jpg
IMG_1432.jpg

hoops

Nice - how did the rear quarterpanel protection hold up? Inquiring minds want to know.

They saved my bacon, big time. I'm going to post up a thread showing some pics of those here in a little bit. Twice I leaned on them hard and no bending, no deforming of metal, just rash into the metal from the granite. I'll post pics ASAP.

Dave

Some quality body damage there David.

Yes--but all of what you see is pre-existing! On the passenger side, the rear flares torn off and quarter panel damage came in WA, and is why I asked Wild West to design the Kaymar hoops. Look at the very last photo and you'll see the bent in damage under the hoops, at the Yukon sticker. I swiped a fallen tree at Reiter/Lake Isabel and dragged it along my truck from the rear door to the taillight, tore out the taillight, etc.

I'll post up a shot of the damage we did take shortly.

damage

Here's the damage. Driver flare torn off and subsequent small gash center of photo. Other scrape passenger side. That's it besides front and rear bumper impacts. Kaymar hoop report is next!
IMG_6755.jpg
IMG_6758.jpg
IMG_6760.jpg

looks like fun! wish my cruiser wasn't my DD and I wasn't a poor college student. I would have liked to have done a run like this weekend.

Gotta love it!!! Hardcore!!!

Awesome pics. The con is an unrelenting trail.
It took a bite out of my ride about a month ago
Rubicon Trip 079.jpg

looks like fun! wish my cruiser wasn't my DD and I wasn't a poor college student.

Mine isn't a DD and I'm not a college student and I STILL don't have the cajones to drag my junk through the Ruby :crybaby: That's why I'm flying in this week to be a passenger in another 80 through the Ruby on Friday :bounce:

Nice photos! Narly trail in the 80,you gotta' love that body damage!
Time to de-flair your truck & how was that departure angle w/that Kamar bumper! Smacking that ass rearend.
That trail is fun stuff,lets start a rubcion body damage thread!
More pics. please

David,
Curious....did you trailer your cruiser down there or drive? If you drove where you concerned at all about the damage you sustained at the 'Con getting worse on the drive home?

ps great pics!!!

barrypt5

Hi Barry,

I drove the truck from Gig Harbor, WA, no towing. Yeah, I was a little concerned about what if I trashed the rig and couldn't get home easily, but I figured I could at least get it towed to Marlin's shop if worse came to worst.

Right now the main issue is an old vibration I've had in the driveline is somewhat worse. GOTTA get it solved once and for all.

More photos TA-NIGHT!

Dave

Looks like it was a blast and the trail lived up to its reputation. However, is it REALLY that hard, I mean I remember reading about Popular Mechanics taking a new Wranger on the Rubicon and it wasn't destroyed. Could one feasably run the trail without hitting all the hard areas?

Nice photos! Narly trail in the 80,you gotta' love that body damage!
Time to de-flair your truck & how was that departure angle w/that Kamar bumper! Smacking that ass rearend.
That trail is fun stuff,lets start a rubcion body damage thread!
More pics. please

More pics tonight! The Kaymar took A LOT of hits. Hard hits. Coming down from ledges or even after crawling over rocks. There are bumpers with better departure angles; but with that said, this Kaymar sure took the abuse in stride.

Also don't forget all the FJ Cruisers that went through it unscathed.

I did the exact same thing in WA, tore out a rear light. Yours looks like mine, you SHOULD be able to jimmy a new light in there and seal it with those ropes of tarry stuff around the edges (sorry, can't remember the name of the stuff). That's what I did and managed to save the LED light I got from Mot here on Mud.

Nice pic! Get a rear bumper on that hoss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom