Builds ROTW: Cruiser80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys!

my name is scott and ive been hanging around here since i bought my tlc last year in september. i would like to thank the powers that be for creating such a great site. the vast wealth of info here has helped me a great deal. thanks to all that have put there two cents(or more) on this site as well.

i am a proud owner of a 1996 toyota land cruiser. it was bone stock except for aftermarket wheels and tires. which i dont like. i got it really cheap where i work and snatched it up fast. i didnt know about my new ride so i got on the internet and found you guys! in retrospect i would have shopped for a locked one but when i saw this one i made an impulse buy. You see i first saw the 80 series when i worked at a toyota dealer back in 1995-96. they were nice but way out of my price range and not my style since i was only 18. ive always like wheeling but never had a 4x4 to go. ive always owned cars and tagged along with friends to go wheeling. my last vehicle was a truck but it wasnt a 4x4. after a couple of times getting stuck i decided to get a 4x4. during my truck phase saw a show on the history channel or discovery channel about 4x4s. they featured a couple of 80s in antarctica rolling over ice and snow. they were nice! this was around 2003-04 and i thought to myself i wanted one. i remembered the price of them brand new and blew off the idea. i kept it in the back of my head though. i then saw this 80series riding around town jacked up way in the air. it has like a 10in custom lift sitting on 38s. i saw it as a sign. at first i shopped for other 4x4s and not a cruiser. i still thought they were too expensive. well last september my work took one in on trade and snatched it up. i had my dream 4x4! since then ive been wheeling almost every weekend. my girlfriend is my copilot and her son my navigator. they love the tlc as much as i do! weve gone on many trips in it all around el paso and it seems to bring us all closer. im amazed of the bonding power it has. thats what makes this truck so special. its become a member of the family. im a very outdoorsy guy and the tlc takes me every where i want to go. its been a great ride so far!

it has been a great vehicle. i blew the head gasket and replaced the radiator in jan. it runs great now. every thing else is running good for now. heres my short list of mods:

ome heavy/mediums 2.5in lift kit
roof rack
k/c slim lites x 4
xm radio
uniden cb radio(in dash)
305/70r16 pro comps YUCK!
and good ol west texas desert pinstriping

yeah and future mods are wanted but i got to be patient:

sliders
bumpers
drawer system
some kind of on board air system
toyo mts
stereo upgrade
snorkel (not cuz i need it but it looks cool)
lockers and gears (4.88)
and most of all a SLEE lift!!!

ok i hope i didnt bore you too much with my story so here are my pics! hope you enjoy!

Antarctica_17_1.jpg

tlc purchase1.JPG

100_0704.jpg
Antarctica_17_1.jpg
tlc purchase1.JPG
100_0704.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0869.jpg

thanks for the chance for letting me show off my truck. you guys are great! and happy trailing to you all.:cheers: :popcorn: :flipoff2: :D
100_0855.jpg
100_0869.jpg

Nice rig and pics! Thanks for the write up!

Nice story! Dude, you're about 150 miles from me here in Carlsbad! We have some beautiful terrain to wheel in! Hey, Guadalupe Mtns. National Park has a place that only 4X4s can get into. They won't even give you the key if you don't have one. It's on 62/180 just before you get to the hills going up to the peak. It's William's cabin, one of the first structures in the area. Great place for a daytrip and to take a picnic. BTW, nice rig, too!

-Eddie

Nice story! Dude, you're about 150 miles from me here in Carlsbad! We have some beautiful terrain to wheel in! Hey, Guadalupe Mtns. National Park has a place that only 4X4s can get into. They won't even give you the key if you don't have one. It's on 62/180 just before you get to the hills going up to the peak. It's William's cabin, one of the first structures in the area. Great place for a daytrip and to take a picnic. BTW, nice rig, too!

-Eddie

im going to need the exact coordinates of that trail please. actually we should get together and trail that if you would like. just an idea. who would i need to contanct for the key?

Nice rig dude. Glad to see another one from El Paso. :beer:

Nice rig and story................:cool:

As always thanks for contributing.:cheers:

Whose monster 80 is next to yours in that one pic.:eek:

Yeah......where'd the Monster 80 come from? I havent seen it mentioned on the boards....

Nice rig, nice write-up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetribal
[I am guessing you didn't go any further. :eek: Remember WEH8MUD[/quote]

it is actually water. it turns brown like that here in the desert. i dont play in the mud too often. too much to clean:frown:

i made it through fine although that was last time i saw my front license plate:doh:
the photo is a linky!!!

Last edited:
hey scott i really like your pics nice rig for sure....why dont you like the procomps?
Dan

Like the rig. How's the glare from the roof lights? Still useful? They look great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom