4.7 or 5.7? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup.

The 2wd had a tow delete option. I was told that it was just the hitch. When I looked it over better in the daylight, it deleted more. I wasn't too happy

I called them back and they were way more accommodating than expected. They worked a deal on a CrewMax 4x4 for $5 more a month.

I went from a Limited to a SR5, but I didn't need all that fru-fru stuff any way.

Last edited:
You shoulda leased one. Just think, in three years Toyota will probably have a diesel 1-ton Tundra.

Is it a 5.7?

Yes indeedy-do.

and it needs a back up camera. Are they just a plug and play deal?
tundra4.21.jpg

Yes indeedy-do.

and it needs a back up camera. Are they just a plug and play deal?

Yes, a snazzy add-on accessory.

Oh, by the way, the 5.7 does NOT have a timing belt..............Chains BABY, CHAINS!

Congrats on the new 5.7L
My 05 with the 4.7 does fine but I can not get better than 20 mpg CDN(big gallon) with it.
I am thinking the 5.7 will get better mileage and have torque to spare for pulling the truck up hills and into a head wind let alone any towing duty.
I wonder if Toyota is going to implement their own cylinder management solution cause the new GM's are kicking the competition in fuel mileage with their new 5.3L 8/4 cylinder.

Yes, a snazzy add-on accessory.

Oh, by the way, the 5.7 does NOT have a timing belt..............Chains BABY, CHAINS!

The back-up camera replaces the tailgate handle, and the screen goes at the front of the roof console. Haven't installed one yet, but reviewed the instructions. You just have to fish the wiring inside the tailgate and find the connector above the console, plug-in.........&......presto!
Should come with instructions, if not, let me know.

BTW-I've talked to many who've been able to drive with both engines, and the 4.7L is not being recommended. If you want real economy, go V6, but the 5.7L gets better MPG than the 4.7L.:bounce2:

Pics????????????? Congrats!

Can you get the 4.7 in a crew max, i just looked at the 5.7, but did not pull the trigger. Wife was ready, but I think i'm going to wait and see how everybody likes them. I don't plan towing much at all, but i like the cab space of the max. Gumby keep us updated on any dislikes or likes of this truck. josh

Answered my own question on the 4.7 in the crew max, went to toyota.com, but keep us updated on how you like it.

So far it's great.

The 5.7 is a nice motor. The traction control kicks in all the time. Without it I wouldn't have any rear tires left. metric craploads of torque. Better fuel mileage than the 4.7 with the 6 speed too.

Fuel mileage is averaging about 10.5, but my foot is heavy, it hasn't been on the highway yet and it only has 350 miles on it. I'm still on the dealership's tank of fuel.

Nothing in the bed yet. That'll change today. Lots of stuff in the back seat. So more cab over more bed makes sense to me. The sliding rear window is damn snazzy in the CM. The weather has been right so I've had it down a lot. Not available on the DC.

Big bitch about the CM over the DC - the seats don't fold out of the way so there is really not a lot of storage in the cab. I need a bed box to keep the hitch and trailer straps that are now under the rear seat.

Towing the pig next weekend. That'll be the big test.

So the DC rear seats fold up, but the CM seats don't?

Nice ;) Im still waiting for these..

Won't have to wait long, according to the accessories sales guide: PTR29-34070 Supercharger, 5.7L V8 List price $5200

Hey Gumby, when you do your first oil change on your tundra, post up if it is a pain in the ass. I climbed all over one today at the dealer and even the sales person could not tell me where it was. I had to go over to the service dept, and it took two service guys to come up with an answer. They are saying that you have to remove the skid plate to change the oil, anyways keep us posted on dislikes and likes.Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom