Seat belt retractor kit -Cdan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Threads
Looking at TSBs for LX450s I came across a seat belt retractor fix and kit.

It's supposed to address the sticky seat belts that affect just about every damn toyota product ever.
It comes with a chunk of velcro to use as a little brush to clean the slot that the belt goes through on the B pillar and a chunk of "flurocarbon tape" to put on th eslot to keep it slippery.

Anybody use this?

Does it make any difference?

TSB #BO009-1 8/10/01

Part number 73205-48011

Never heard of that one. I'll have to look into it.

Just for laughs, try taking the belts apart and running the fabric parts through a washing machine cycle.

I've done this in the past on other Toys and it works wonders.

There was a thread last week on the washing machine, I will wait till it warms up a bit.

Now don't take Cdan off the hook here.

I didn't wash the belt but wound the spring after reading the thread and the outcome for me was not worth the effort. Easy enough to do but I really can't tell the difference, I still have to feed the belt back in the pillar.

I read a post a while back where someone washed the actual belt with soap and it really worked well. I tried as best i could to wipe the belt down with soapy water without taking the whole thing apart and it didn't do crap!

What's a seatbelt cost for the front? Anyone know while we are talking about it?

I read a post a while back where someone washed the actual belt with soap and it really worked well. I tried as best i could to wipe the belt down with soapy water without taking the whole thing apart and it didn't do crap!

I recently bought a '84 mini, the belts were nasty and wouldn't retract. Took the belts off of the retractors, they were almost black and stiff in the usage area. Tossed them in the washing machine, they come out looking almost new, nice tan and soft. Wound the retractor springs up all of the way, swapped the belts so the more worn one is on the passengers side, sprayed the usage area of the belts with silicone dry lube and reassembled.

They don't snap back, but do retract, well worth the time invested IMHO. I only cleaned the retractors with compressed air, maybe I should have lubed them with the dry lube.

What's a seatbelt cost for the front? Anyone know while we are talking about it?

Average list price is ~130 bucks.

Does it make any difference?

TSB #BO009-1 8/10/01

Part number 73205-48011

I read the whole bulletin and it looks like a waste of time to me. It does nothing for the spring-thingy that actually winds the belt. It makes a slipery spot where the belt loops through the upper anchor, that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom