Builds ROTW CC93cruiser pt.2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Hello to all fellow cruiserheads. Once again I have the privalege of showing off and talking about my 80 series cruiser. First time around was actually awhile back, and the cruiser looked & performed a lot differently than present day. I have pretty much finished for the most part what I wanted to accomplish 3 years ago ( with the exception of fr & rr adjustable pandhards, and a drawer system, for all my crap) when I started building my wife's daily driven mall cruiser, to my hands down, "most capable wheeler." 80 series rock, and that is all I have to say. Over the week, what I will mostly cover is most of the things that I have done after my 1st ROTW..Any questions, feel free to ask, or pic requests..I got the cam charging up, got a lot of pics to take..;)
Thanks to all, that support the cruiser scene, and especially MUD! My dad, which is the biggest cruiserhead I know, and my local buddies! Thanks for all the technical help, and all the countless hours wrenching! We have bitchin cruisers to prove it!:cool: ..
Here is a list of all my current mods in the cruiser:

Drivetrain (engine, lockers, gears, tranny, etc)
Stock 1FZ-FE w/K&N Filter
Precsion Gears 4.88's
Stock FR CTR RR Differential Locks
Dual Battery Set Up Painless Wiring Optima Blue & Red Top

Suspension/Lift, Wheels/Tires:
Slee 4" Springs
OME Castor Correction Bushings
OME L Shocks
Slee Front & Rear Bump Stops
Slee Front & Rear Sway Bar Drop Brackets
315/75/R16 BFGoodrich Mud Terrains

Interior Enhancements:
Husky Liners (Front, 2nd Row & Cargo)
Wet Okole Seat Covers (Front & 2nd Row)
Cobra CB w/ 4ft. Fire Stick
Center Differential Lock Switch
ARB Fridge/Freezer w/Insulator Bag
Pelican Cases
12V Outlet in Cargo Area
African Outback Rear Drawer System w/ Fridge Slide

Exterior/Armor Modifications:
TRD OFF-ROAD Decals
Hanna Rear Bumper w/ Swingout Tire Carrier w/Spare, Pintle Hook & IPF Rear Utility Back Up Light
ARB Winch w/Warn M12000 & w/ 2 IPF 968's & Slee AC Dryer Skid Plate, Quick Disconnect Firestick on ARB CB Mounting
Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate
Slee Sliders
Garvin Roof Rack w/ Hi-Lift, Axe & Shovel & Outback CO2 Tank Brackets & 4 IPF 868's
Safari Snorkel
JDM Side Indicators
Flareless Rhino Lined Exterior

Last edited:
Pic of current state, again a lot more pics to come tomm...
40c2buq.jpg

4i7e2ia.jpg

Fabulous rig man. IMHO, its perfect. Hope mine gets there someday.

awesome looking rig....!!!!
Have any pics of the interior, what is the Husky Liner?????

Nicely done Robert. I LOVE the white trucks with the black rhino-lined flares.

-B-

Thanks for the complements guys. Frank, the husky liners are there to protect the carpet from dirt, mud, snow u name it. They are designed to fit each individual application. Made by by plastic molded to fit snuggly on top of your floor/carpet. Whenever I go off road and come back and have to clean the cruiser, all it takes is me taking them out, and rinsing them with water. Beats vacuuming and cleaning the carpet with a detergent..

Thanks for the complements guys. Frank, the husky liners are there to protect the carpet from dirt, mud, snow u name it. They are designed to fit each individual application. Made by by plastic molded to fit snuggly on top of your floor/carpet. Whenever I go off road and come back and have to clean the cruiser, all it takes is me taking them out, and rinsing them with water. Beats vacuuming and cleaning the carpet with a detergent..

Do you have problems with your driver side liner bunching up near the gas pedal? I don't want to hijack, but I have that problem with mine

Do you have problems with your driver side liner bunching up near the gas pedal? I don't want to hijack, but I have that problem with mine

What I have found is that over time (use?) the liner can shift forward. It looks like the little teeth are not as good as they use to be. I just pull it back and no more problems. If I can get a moment I'll find a way to keep it in place.

Looks great! You just need to mash a few personality dents into it! :)

Can you imagine a $ amount if you were to add up all the money plus add...say $50/hour rate for the amount of time we have put into these trucks? I bet mine is about $30,000 now.

Rob - I want to come visit you and Navid one day. :) Beautiful... Can we get some more interior shots?

awesome rig! so you're running slee 4 inch springs with only castor correction being OME bushings? did that do the trick or do you see plates/arms in the future?

Nice looking rig. I'll keep my eyes open for it. I work in San Carlos pretty much right next to the airport. I think I saw your truck at Best Buy one afternoon a few months back. It looked good then too ;) .

I just put an OME 2.5" lift on mine with 285 Revo's. Hopefully I can go on some wheelin trips with you guys in 2007.

Yes, I have to move it back every once and awhile.. The driver side one is the only one with that problem, I think the left foot rest has something to do with it..

Looks great! You just need to mash a few personality dents into it! :)

Can you imagine a $ amount if you were to add up all the money plus add...say $50/hour rate for the amount of time we have put into these trucks? I bet mine is about $30,000 now.

CJ, I didn't dress up my rig for nothing...:D . I plan on doing the Rubicon and Moab this year. As far as adding up how much pesos went into my cruiser habit, I don't even want to start thinking about it:eek: Oh well, if you plan on keeping the cruiser for a long time, it is all worth it.. Nothing like going out in the boonies, and having the confidence that you are ready for anything out there!

Rob - I want to come visit you and Navid one day. :) Beautiful... Can we get some more interior shots?

Ting, you are welcomed to come over whenever u want, I am sure Navid will feel the same way. Get yourself some 33's/mud terrains, and lets go wheel that:princess:

awesome rig! so you're running slee 4 inch springs with only castor correction being OME bushings? did that do the trick or do you see plates/arms in the future?

My truck is considerably weighed a little bit more down than most cruisers-ARB, Sliders, Hanna rear, fridge, M12000 Winch, Dual Batteries, etc etc. I had J's with a 1" spacer and had no problems at all. I switched them to the 4" slee's not for more lift, but to increase the load capacity/weight. I do feel that it would be best to correct the caster a lil bit more though, but before I do that, I am going to give slee a ring and get his adjustable panhards..

Nice looking rig. I'll keep my eyes open for it. I work in San Carlos pretty much right next to the airport. I think I saw your truck at Best Buy one afternoon a few months back. It looked good then too ;) .

I just put an OME 2.5" lift on mine with 285 Revo's. Hopefully I can go on some wheelin trips with you guys in 2007.

Dude, I thought we were going to pismo together, never heard back from you..:frown: ..I am totally down to go wheel, I have been itching to get back to the Sierra's, let me know.

Last edited:
*PICS*
Wet Okole Seat Covers
2nsm4ox.jpg

40m5lx3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom